rock chucker supreme...

PDA

sprice
April 28, 2009, 06:54 PM
I really want to buy one of these this summer and start reloading- but can I reload rifle and pistol cartridges from this press? (I know I'll need different dies for each)

If you enjoyed reading about "rock chucker supreme..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
April 28, 2009, 06:57 PM
You can load anything from .25 ACP up to, but not including the .50 BMG.

It is big enough for all the belted magnum calibers, etc.

rc

loadedround
April 28, 2009, 07:38 PM
RCmodel...right as usual! :)

lgbloader
April 28, 2009, 08:44 PM
you can load anything from .25 acp up to, but not including the .50 bmg.

It is big enough for all the belted magnum calibers, etc.

yup

lgb

RugerNut9
April 28, 2009, 09:47 PM
go for it! i just bought one last week my first kit its awesome!!

bensdad
April 28, 2009, 09:58 PM
I have one. I do 380acp, 9mm, 40s&w, 45acp, .223, 30-30 and 30.06. Seems to work fine. I've done thousands of rounds of handgun and hundreds of rounds of rifle. No problems.

You'll need some things that don't come with it. For rifle, you'll need a case trimmer. I'd get a de-burring tool also. Also, if you like the case-lube system that comes with it, you might be the only one. Be sure to check the shell holder numbers before you buy each one. They handle more than one case, and you might already have the one you think you need.

You're going to need a tumbler to clean cases. I use my kids old rock tumbler, but you can find the real thing for about $50. Also, get a calipers.

One more thing... if you find primers for a price that is anywhere close to reasonable, buy them. They won't get cheaper, and they might not be there next week.

sprice
April 29, 2009, 12:09 AM
what is a reasonable primer price?

Wildyams
April 29, 2009, 06:31 AM
The shop I work at sells CCI primers (when we have them) for 32.90 per 1000, I believe Remington and Winchesters are a little cheaper. However, we did not raise our prices when everything became short handed because we are strictly cost plus.

As far as the Rock Chucker, I've heard its a great press and built well enough that its the last single stage press you need to buy. I just picked one up a couple weeks ago but haven't started using it yet. Trying to get all the reading and learning in before I buy all the components.

ranger335v
April 29, 2009, 11:21 AM
"You can load anything from .25 ACP up to, but not including the .50 BMG."

Yep.

Get a Lee Classic Cast single stage for much less money and you can load the .50 BMG as well.

Randy1911
April 29, 2009, 05:21 PM
I have one of the older Rockchucker's and it will load 50 BMG. All you have to do is remove the threaded bushing in the top and the 50 BMG dies will screw right in.

dat2
April 29, 2009, 07:01 PM
I bought one about 15 years or so ago and love it

hanno
April 29, 2009, 07:30 PM
Love my Rockchucker and if you ever find that you need customer support, you will find RCBS second to none.

If you enjoyed reading about "rock chucker supreme..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!