Got me a DPMS :D

PDA

SrDedosRapidos
April 29, 2009, 02:05 AM
Which came with no sights whatsoever.

Its an LR-308M.

I need some glass for it. I want a variable power scope that allows me to go from CQB out to about 600 yards. Nothing too far as i doubt ill ever need to, and if i do thats what the Remington 700 is for. Ill also needs mil-dots because i need to learn them.

I was thinking either one of Valdada's variable power (2.5-10x42 or 2-12x32) or a S&B Short dot.

What kind of magnification would you suggest? Any experience with any of the listed scopes or an equivalent?

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Got me a DPMS :D" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
theken206
April 29, 2009, 02:30 AM
there is always an ACOG as well if you like them though they are fixed.

and welcome to the club dude!

ive heard good things about the short dots

SrDedosRapidos
April 29, 2009, 03:36 AM
Aye, its a very nice rifle.

Ive heard a lot of good things about the Short dots as well, and a Trijicon is not out of the question because you can mount a red dot on top of them.

If you were to mount an ACOG on something you planned on using out to 600 yards, what magnification would be adequate?

theken206
April 29, 2009, 03:49 AM
http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=624&back_row=6&categoryID=3

this bad boy would do a fine job at 600 yards im sure :]

but im sure anything over 3X would do a good job.

SrDedosRapidos
April 29, 2009, 04:03 AM
Actually, i WAS looking at a 6x model.

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=610&back_row=6&categoryID=3

I saw one of those at a gun show and all i can say is wooooow. If you run out of ammo, you can beat someone to death with it.

Good quality stuff though. I bet you could put it straight through hell.

theken206
April 29, 2009, 04:11 AM
yup, I have a TA-11 ACOG on my DPMS and the thing is built like a tank

SrDedosRapidos
April 29, 2009, 05:28 AM
how do you like it?

Does it hold zero really well?

Because the more i think about that big one i posted above, the more i like it.

With an eotech on top of it , it would be perfect. And so tacticcol all the mall ninjas might wet themselves :D

theken206
April 29, 2009, 06:19 PM
I personally love the things, it holds zero just fine even after taking some hard knocks climbing/jumping in and out of vehicles.

With BAC and the donut reticle its darn fast up close and I find it works very well at mid and semi long range. The longest shots ive taken with it have been around 600 meters and it did very well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got me a DPMS :D" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!