H&R .22 revolver question

PDA

Dr. Fresh
April 29, 2009, 11:03 PM
The little retention part that holds the cylinder in place on my H&R 999 broke, so the cylinder comes right out if you open the action too fast, and can be removed by hand with no resistance whatsoever.

I plan on getting this fixed, but I was curious if it was still safe to shoot. Any idears?

If you enjoyed reading about "H&R .22 revolver question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
woad_yurt
April 30, 2009, 07:36 AM
I have a topbreak that does the same thing. If it's snapped shut, it'll shoot fine.

April 30, 2009, 12:52 PM
I believe that this is common with the 3rd generation model of this revolver. I have both a 1st and 3rd generation "999" and the older model's cylinder does not come out freely, while the 3rd will come right out if you are not careful.

Dr. Fresh
April 30, 2009, 05:18 PM
Alright, thanks. I figured it'd be fine since once the action is shut the cylinder retention system (I dunno what it's really called) isn't needed. Just wanted to make sure.

If you enjoyed reading about "H&R .22 revolver question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!