Having a brain fart, can you load cap and ball converted pistols with smokeless?

PDA

bobotech
April 30, 2009, 03:34 PM
I have a Uberti 1858 steel frame with a R&D conversion cylinder. I haven't fired it at all yet but I forgot if you can load light cowboy smokeless loads in 45 colt for the conversion cylinder.

Also, provided you can use smokeless: can you shoot jacketed bullets with light cowboy style loads? I have a large amount of jacketed bullets and would not mind testing this gun at my indoor range (jacketed only).

If you enjoyed reading about "Having a brain fart, can you load cap and ball converted pistols with smokeless?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kanook
April 30, 2009, 05:13 PM
double check the R&D web site for that 1858. The answer for Ruger is cowboy load:D

rcmodel
April 30, 2009, 05:36 PM
can you shoot jacketed bullets with light cowboy style loads?No.
The risk of a stuck jacketed bullet at Cowboy mouse fart levels is very high.

Stick to lead bullets & light loads in your conversion.

rc

bobotech
April 30, 2009, 05:39 PM
Will do.

ranger335v
May 1, 2009, 11:29 AM
"Having a brain fart, can you load cap and ball converted pistols with smokeless? "

Sure you can. And, if you load light enough, some of them may not even KABOOM! :D

But I wouldn't.

VillageIdjit
May 2, 2009, 11:05 AM
Sure can - and you can also use poison ivy leaves if ya run out of toilet paper!:evil:

But I don't.

If you enjoyed reading about "Having a brain fart, can you load cap and ball converted pistols with smokeless?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!