Tuarus tracker .17 HMR???

PDA

tbrenny09
April 30, 2009, 11:52 PM
Does anyone have a Tuarus tracker 17 hmr...ive been lookin into a rimfire handgun and for starters i cant decide between semi auto and revolver but its between the tracker 17 hmr and a smith .22....i was really lookin forward to a 17 revolver just so i can share the ammo with my rifle and it has better balistics...so what do you guys think????

If you enjoyed reading about "Tuarus tracker .17 HMR???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DMZ
May 1, 2009, 12:04 AM
I do not have the Tracker .17HMR, but I have owned the Model 17 (essentially a Model 94 in .17 HMR), for a few years.

Pro's - Very, very accurate. Good companion piece for my CZ 452 in .17HMR. Fun long range shooter. Nice SA trigger.

Con's - Do not shoot it too much due to expensive ammo (take the Model 94 out much more to plink with). Difficult to clean. Heavy DA trigger.

My advice - go with a S&W .22, put a few thousand rounds through it and add a .17HMR at a later time.

2RCO
May 1, 2009, 12:06 AM
I have one a Tracker in .22 it's one of the most fun guns I own.

ceadermtnboy
May 1, 2009, 08:47 PM
My Taurus tracker was the absolutely worst revolver I ever owned. The only thing worse was their customer service department. I will NEVER!!!!!!!!!! give taurus any more of my hard earned money. Having said that some people have had good luck. Read the threads and the reviews are mixed. I personally think the QC at taurus is minimal ala the lower price point.

Moonclip
May 1, 2009, 10:55 PM
Do these guns have problems with extraction/ejection?

JImbothefiveth
May 1, 2009, 11:05 PM
I would go with .22. You can compete with it, it is less expensive, and the HMR might not have good ballistics out of a revolver.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tuarus tracker .17 HMR???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!