Older model 6 die Lyman turrent Press

PDA

rwhichel
May 3, 2009, 04:01 AM
I have an older model 6 hole Lyman Turrent Press (Gray). I have only used it for loading rounds that use "Large Rifle" primers. I now want to load some 30 cal. carbine ammo. and of course they take "small rifle" primers (if I can ever find any). My problem is that the primer arm on the press is set up for large primers. How do I set the primer arm up for small primers? Do I have to buy a whole new Lyman primer arm or can I just replace the peice on the arm that actually holds the primer. And most important, where can I get the part I need? Thanks alot, and I really do appreciate all the help I get on this site. Ron W.

If you enjoyed reading about "Older model 6 die Lyman turrent Press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sport45
May 3, 2009, 07:49 AM
I think you have to replace the whole arm and Lyman no longer makes parts for the Spar-T press. They may still have one, but I doubt it.

My suggestion is to get a Lee Autoprime kit and use it for all of your rifle priming needs. (I don't have either priming arm mounted on my Spar-T.)

loadedround
May 3, 2009, 10:25 AM
Give Lyman a call, all you will waste is your time. If they can't help you, check ebay and gunbroker since they list old Lyman parts from time to time. That old Lyman is a great press, I used one many years ago and loved it. Good luck. :)

pmeisel
May 3, 2009, 06:36 PM
Both the phone call and the Autoprime are great suggestions.

I abandoned the prime-on-press years ago for the autoprime. I will check and see if I have the old primer arm, if I do I could mail it to you.

rwhichel
May 4, 2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks guys for the suggestions, I really do appreciate your responses! Paul if you find it I sure would appreciate it and will be glad to pay you shipping and handling. Thanks again, Ron W.

GP100man
May 4, 2009, 03:57 PM
are`nt all the primer arms for lyman presses the same ??
if so i have a drawer full!!

GP100man

fecmech
May 5, 2009, 08:47 PM
The lyman primer arm is the same as RCBS, there are plenty out there.

unloaded
May 5, 2009, 10:14 PM
I've got an older orange lyman 6 hole turret, I'll check my parts, I might have one for you too. I use lee hand primer too.

peace.
unloaded

If you enjoyed reading about "Older model 6 die Lyman turrent Press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!