Hit paydirt on Sat.

PDA

jbkebert
May 4, 2009, 01:51 AM
On Saturday I ended up with a new black lab puppy and a couple new rifles.

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww241/jbkebert/dogguns004.jpg?t=1241412190

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww241/jbkebert/dogguns007.jpg?t=1241412246

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww241/jbkebert/dogguns008.jpg?t=1241412315

The lab is a pure bread female, 7 weeks old with first round shots and wormer.

The one rifle is a marlin model GA-22 limited Westpoint Edition.

The other Rifle is a Remington 760 Gamemaster in .270 this rifle seems to be a earlier model with a serial # of 102867. Going off of Remingtons website it would have been made around 1956-1958 somewhere in that range.

Picked them all up for $200 total. I guess you still can find good deals. I don't know a thing about this Remmy rifle it appears to be built very similar to a 870 shotgun. Both rifles need some TLC and might be worthless as far as it goes. As long as they go bang I don't think I got hurt to bad.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hit paydirt on Sat." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Cpt. America
May 4, 2009, 02:21 AM
Actually its a version of the Model 4 or current model 7400 series. Instead of gas operated bolt it is a pump. But congrat's all around from me.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
May 4, 2009, 02:40 AM
Sweet; now THAT's a good day! :)

armoredman
May 4, 2009, 03:09 AM
Nice! Cute puppy.

jbkebert
May 4, 2009, 11:46 AM
I forgot the bonus part of the day. Saturday morning I attended a 8 hour class in Linwood KS taught by Peter Kummerfelt. The guy was the director of the Air force survival acadamy in Colorado. He taught artic survival in Alaska and jungle survival in the Phillipines. If you ever get the chance to attend one of his seminars go. Very direct no BS instruction. he blasted myth after myth that we see in magazines and books. Now I need to get the pup trained. The rifle cleaned up grab my pack and get out. :D

ChefJeff1
May 4, 2009, 03:56 PM
nice pup, better get him some chew toys or you'll need new stocks for those rifles.

MCgunner
May 6, 2009, 01:47 PM
He looks like he's about to squat on that Remington pump. :D He looks like a keeper. I just got through with the puppy tears up everything in sight phase with our yellow lab. I don't envy your next 9 months. :D

1911 guy
May 7, 2009, 05:39 AM
I lost my Lab, Maggie, just before Christmas, she died in her sleep early on a Sunday morning, sometime before 7 a.m.

I hope you enjoy the rifles and I hope even more that you enjoy the companionship of that little fuzzball. Keep her occupied or she'll chew up everything you own! Give her a noogie and puppy treat for me.

MCgunner, watch out. Labs stop chewing for a while, then their molars start coming in and it starts all over. I used to buy T.V. remotes in bulk. Not really, but I should have. That and tennis shoes.

jbkebert
May 7, 2009, 10:16 AM
1911 Guy

Sorry to hear about your Maggie I know it is hard to loose a good dog. When we were kids dad had a black lab. My dad was a die hard duck hunter and after the loss of Poncho my father never duck hunted again. He tried one time but it was not the same. The john boat the decoys all of the stuff is collecting dust now.

I had a yellow lab for several years and came home one day to find her dead in the front yard. Some jerk was driving around shooting animals in the country and I lost Harley to a bullet. To my knowledge the never caught who was doing this. A total of 2 or 3 dogs and at least a half a dozen cattle were shot over the course of a few days. :fire:

The kids are already pretty atached to this pup and she seems to be pretty sharp. Labs are really good dogs for kids. A little wild at times but its mostly play. My old yellow lab used to knock the boys over with that baseball bat of a tail.;)

Afy
May 20, 2009, 09:10 AM
Get the Lab a couple of soft toys that she can chew on. Will save you a ton of grief... we did that with our Dane puppy when we got her.

Flintknapper
May 20, 2009, 09:24 AM
Nice looking pup, I am a sucker for a Lab.

My chocolate died a couple of years ago...and I am still grieving about it.

Take good care of her.

alsaqr
May 20, 2009, 01:29 PM
That is one beautiful Lab pup.

Titan6
May 20, 2009, 07:56 PM
You did hit paydirt. Congrats on all.

gunsandreligion
May 26, 2009, 11:33 AM
am I right that shes an american lab?

jbkebert
May 29, 2009, 05:41 PM
am I right that shes an american lab?

Yes born and bred in Meriden, KS

Having a to compete with the cats on training her. We have a few grizzeled old farm cats that don't take any crap. Its funny as heck to watch but those cats train that dog like they did my old yellow lab. They sleep in her house and will kick her our and not let her in. They come to the food bowl and hiss and growl until they are done and then the dog eats. Pretty sad isn't it. Harley my old lab was so trained by the damn cats that even fully grown the cats would have kittens in his house. The dog would sleep on the ground in front of the door and not let anything but the mama cat in. I even took him some left over pork chops and potatoes and gravey as a treat. He sat there a 95# dog and let the cats eat there fill and then he took what was left. The worst part is I don't even like cats. They are good mousers though so they are granted existance on the farm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hit paydirt on Sat." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!