Glock 30 mag EXTREMELY stiff

PDA

AcceptableUserName
May 5, 2009, 01:11 PM
so I ordered a 10 rd glock 30 mag from midway. It's a chore to get 8 rds in and it's almost a mythical quest to get 9 in. I've had 9 in once. Is this a matter of just needing to work the spring in or what? I've yet to get 10 in the mag. getting 9 in entails almost getting blisters on my finger.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 30 mag EXTREMELY stiff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TMM
May 5, 2009, 01:45 PM
could be a stiff, new spring... have you tried poking the follower down a couple times with a stick? No idea if that works or not, never been in this kind of situation...

YMMV

TMM

The Lone Haranguer
May 5, 2009, 02:28 PM
When I had mine I found the last couple of rounds to be heavy going. To cram all those heavy cartridges into such a small space and have them be pushed up in time to be stripped off by the slide, the spring has to be very stiff. A loading tool will help. It is also difficult to seat a fully loaded magazine against a closed slide.

Dan-O
May 5, 2009, 02:33 PM
Both my 30 mags are crazy stiff....well at least when I am trying to get that 10th round in. Is yours hard to load any rounds?

AcceptableUserName
May 5, 2009, 03:20 PM
yes very. i can get to the 8th round. the 9th is possible but its asking for a finger cut and i havent eben able to get the 10th in.

welldoya
May 5, 2009, 03:40 PM
I've got a G19 and the mag is pretty stiff. In fact, the manual addresses that "problem". I believe it says to leave the mag loaded over night. Check your manual and see what it says.

chinpokojed
May 5, 2009, 04:16 PM
Just picked up my NIB G30 the other day and despite many threads I've read on this topic I didn't have much of an issue loading 10+1. Sure it's tough, but maybe you just need to put your big girl panties on and push those little buggers in!!

denfoote
May 5, 2009, 09:13 PM
I too am engaged in this animated contest!!

One mag will now accept 10 rounds with effort, but the other still only gets 8!!! :evil:

HippieMagic
May 5, 2009, 09:28 PM
i guess thats why they include a mag loader with their guns now lol

Damon555
May 5, 2009, 09:43 PM
It will wear in.....I had the same problem at first but after having the gun for 3 or 4 months it's not longer a problem.....Trust me, a stiff magazine spring is a blessing. When it gets worn it will still work great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 30 mag EXTREMELY stiff" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!