Second Amendment Foundation

PDA

Blackbeard
May 6, 2009, 01:31 PM
I've received a couple calls from this outfit looking for donations. I know they filed an amicus brief in the Heller case. Their website seems to show that they are involved in a lot of litigation against state & local jurisdictions to protect gun rights. Is this an effective organization and is it worthy of our donations? It seems so but it's hard to tell based on the internet. A lot of .orgs are just fronts to pay the fundraisers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Second Amendment Foundation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shootistpd27
May 6, 2009, 01:35 PM
Just join the NRA. The are well known and already have a foundation built of stone supporting the second amendment.

JImbothefiveth
May 6, 2009, 06:57 PM
I'd also join the NRA. They are the most effective. I think the second amendment foundation spends a lot of it's time just attacking the NRA. If you want a tougher organization than the NRA, perhaps gun owners of America would be good, though they are usually less effective.

cbrgator
May 6, 2009, 07:05 PM
SAF is a good organization and reputable. If you are already a member of the NRA, then go for it. If not, give your money to the NRA first. They are bigger and more influential and need your help. The SAF should get your leftovers.

Animal Mother
May 6, 2009, 07:53 PM
I think the second amendment foundation spends a lot of it's time just attacking the NRA.

I've given a bit to the SAF, but I didn't know they spend alot of their time attacking the NRA. Is this true?

KevinAbbeyTech
May 8, 2009, 07:50 PM
Don't forget Jews for the preservation of firearms ownership.

After the holocaust, they take their guns seriously.

cbrgator
May 8, 2009, 10:25 PM
After the holocaust, they take their guns seriously.

Which is funny because Jews tend to be amongst the most anti-gun people in America.

But, JFPO is great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Second Amendment Foundation" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!