My Scandinavian Knives Article

PDA

Dirty Bob
May 6, 2009, 10:31 PM
I had an article on Scandinavian knives in the April issue of ModernSurvival.net, under my real name. I own, carry and use Swedish and Finnish knives and am a big fan. I hope you enjoy the article.
(Posted with permission)

Thanks,
Marlo (aka Dirty Bob)
http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=97615&stc=1&d=1241663457

If you enjoyed reading about "My Scandinavian Knives Article" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JimJD
May 6, 2009, 10:33 PM
Thanks Dirty Bob! I'm going to read it right now. :)

Piraticalbob
May 7, 2009, 12:13 AM
Good introduction to Scandi knives. The photos really contributed to the article. Well done!

BHP FAN
May 7, 2009, 12:24 AM
My brother and I are getting Swedish army knives [Mora?] for our kit.

CWL
May 7, 2009, 12:46 AM
Excellent article. I hope it steers many towards a long relationship collecting and using Scandi knives.

From the way you take care of those knives, you really shouldn't be calling yourself "Dirty Bob"!

sm
May 7, 2009, 02:21 AM
Excellent!

Thank you for sharing.

bikerdoc
May 7, 2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the sheathing ideas!!!

Dirty Bob
May 7, 2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks, guys!

One point of confusion: both Frosts and Erikssons are Mora knives. IIRC, both companies are now owned by the same people, and the factories are both in the same area. If you look at the blade stamp on the pic of the Eriksson #2 thunked into a post, you can see the "Mora" logo.

All my best,
Dirty Bob

Deltaboy
May 17, 2009, 10:30 PM
Thanks Dirty Bob I have heard some good things and I am going to buy some this summer .

If you enjoyed reading about "My Scandinavian Knives Article" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!