Mod appreciation day again

PDA

bikerdoc
May 7, 2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry for the late posting time,(darn grandkids) but the first thursday of each month is moderator apreciation day so let the praises begin!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Mod appreciation day again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
schmeky
May 7, 2009, 03:40 PM
I am a member at a few different sites (some firearm related, some are not). Without question, this is the best moderated site of all the others combined.

My hat's off to XavierBreath, a true gentleman. Art Eatman is also a class act. This site filters out the riff-raff like no other and maintains the highest of standards.

Thanks for letting me join, thanks for doing a fantastic job; I will do my best to uphold the status of this forum.

Hey Art, let me know when THR can accept donations; I still have some money ear-marked!

DesmoDucRob
May 7, 2009, 04:30 PM
This site filters out the riff-raff like no other and maintains the highest of standards.

Yep, came across this recently...
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=448035

These guys drop the hammer with lightning speed. ...great to have stand-up guys giving so much dedication!

Robert
May 7, 2009, 05:40 PM
After reading through some of the threads in here today ya'll need a big raise. Good work all around.

jbkebert
May 7, 2009, 05:44 PM
Thank you again to the Mods for making this the best forum on the web.

Prion
May 7, 2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks for keeping it civil. Other sites are atrocious and largely unbearable. Without you guys there wouldn't be a gun forum I would find decent enough to frequent. Thanks!

76shuvlinoff
May 7, 2009, 09:46 PM
I am a mod on a Harley forum, just try keeping people on topic out of politics there. When I see someone getting out of line there my fall back is how I see things handled here. I really appreciate this site as support for my shootin life.

Tinpig
May 7, 2009, 10:10 PM
I used to believe that grown men and women with the common bond of guns and shooting could conduct themselves properly without need for moderation.

But over the last eight or so years I've watched several excellent gun boards self-destruct from the constant introduction of politics into gun topics. Names were called, offense was given and taken, enemies and factions created, and bickering and trolling became a constant distraction. A lot of good members jumped ship, and the boards slowly died.

It's a real relief not to have to wade through the vitriol, petty rudeness, and hissy-fits.

"High Road" says it all.

Tinpig

Canuc Shooter
May 7, 2009, 10:25 PM
Great Site...Have learned a lot about stuff I thought knew. Site is extremely well managed and maintained..Kujos :uhoh:

Hikingman
May 8, 2009, 12:01 AM
Thanks Moderators!...from a long-time administrator on rootsweb.com.

kabrn
May 8, 2009, 12:03 AM
yes thank you for the hard work you do on this site and for keeping it clean and civil

Geno
May 8, 2009, 10:24 AM
It's great to associate with moderators who exercise such level-headedness. Besides the obvious posts made, the moderators are always will to field my PMs regarding a vast aray of questions. It's kind of like having an extra few uncles around. :)

Thanks all.

Geno

3pairs12
May 8, 2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry I am late. Newborns make you lose track of which day it is it seems like. Anyway thank you mods for everything you do to keep this site running the way it does.

chuckusaret
May 11, 2009, 06:49 PM
I am a member of many forums------Without a doubt this is the best moderated site of all the others combined. Thanks Moderators!...great job keeping us in line......

Smithiac
May 12, 2009, 04:30 PM
Belated thanks

Maverick223
May 12, 2009, 07:12 PM
I am a member of many forums------Without a doubt this is the best moderated site of all the others combined. Thanks Moderators!...great job keeping us in line......
+1, great job, I also am a member at numerous sites that I scarcely visit because so many of the mods and staff exercise just as poor (and sometimes worse) of judgment than the members. Thank you for doing such a great job!

If you enjoyed reading about "Mod appreciation day again" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!