Moss. 500 w/ one swivel stud

PDA

dukefan70
May 7, 2009, 03:36 PM
Potential for a dumb question, but bear w/ the newbie. I just got my Mossberg 500 and it's only got one swivel stud (its on the stock). Now I'm not gonna keep a sling on it, but I was gonna get one. Of course the manual is a general thing for all the Mossberg models and shows two swivel studs. What the hell am I supposed to do with one swivel stud?

If you enjoyed reading about "Moss. 500 w/ one swivel stud" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
May 7, 2009, 03:42 PM
Should be a tapped hole in the magazine cap / take-down screw.

The sling swivel stud for it should be in a little brown envelope in the box it should have came in.

rc

dukefan70
May 7, 2009, 04:26 PM
haha yep that's it...thought just the pistol grip stuff was in that little envelope. much obliged.

remingtondude58
May 15, 2009, 09:32 PM
That swivel stud may not be straight when you tighten the barrel. You may want to take it to a smith and have him/her drill and tap a hole under the spot between the cap and the tube. I have seen it like that before, and it looks good.

If you enjoyed reading about "Moss. 500 w/ one swivel stud" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!