Will Springfield XDM magazines work with the XD?

PDA

tronester
May 8, 2009, 05:03 PM
Title says it all. I have an XD-9 standard size, with 16 round magazines, but I was wondering if the new 19 round XDM-9 magazines would work with it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Will Springfield XDM magazines work with the XD?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dirt_j00
May 8, 2009, 05:45 PM
Everything I have read says they do not. Supposedly the XDm magazines have larger exterior dimensions. I have not personnally compared the two though.

If you measure yours though, I'll measure mine, and we can compare the difference.

(Countdown to crude humor: 3, 2, 1.)

lvcat2004
May 8, 2009, 06:20 PM
negative

janobles14
May 9, 2009, 01:08 AM
they go in...dont come out (well not freely anyways)

i speak from experience

David E
May 9, 2009, 04:01 AM
If you're looking for the capacity of the XDm magazine for the standard XD, the closest you'll get is the Mec-Gar 18 rd mag available at www.CDNNInvestments.com

I got one to check out and it works fine.

possum
May 11, 2009, 12:27 AM
they will not work. and though some of the mec gar mags might be ok for range use, i wouldn't use them for ccw. or defense. stick with factrory xd mags and you will be good to go.

Quiet
May 11, 2009, 04:11 AM
FYI.
Mec-Gar is an OEM of magazines for several firearm manufacturers, such as...
AMT, Armscor, Astra, Beretta, Bernadeli, FN, BUL, Charles Daley, Colt, CZ, Girsan, IMI, Kel-Tec, Kimber, Llama, North American Arms, Remington, Ruger, Sarsilmaz, SIG, S&W, Springfield Armory, STI, Standard Arms, Star, Steyr, Tanfoglio, Taurus, Tisas, and Walther.

If you enjoyed reading about "Will Springfield XDM magazines work with the XD?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!