My wife surprised me today

PDA

gimlet1/21
May 8, 2009, 11:32 PM
A local gun shop had an inventory clearance sign out front today, as the wife and I are entering she says, "Don't ever complain about my trips to walmart, just this past week you've bought a .30-.30 Marlin ($250), a mossberg 500a($65), and now here we are stopping at another gun store."

O.K. we split up, 2min later I hear her calling me. She has found what I think is a gem, and is discussing the sale price with the owner!:rolleyes: What a woman! Last year she bought the boys paintball guns and told them," Dogs no-way Cats OK.":evil: I think I found a gem 16 years ago:D

Here is how she finished the deal, he wanted $175, she got him down too $100. I paid the man! I am very proud of her, irregardless of how this purchase works out for me.

Is anyone familiar with the Texan Autoloader?
What are its capabilities?
Was it worth $100?
How do I get started

If you enjoyed reading about "My wife surprised me today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lgbloader
May 9, 2009, 12:00 AM
good shot shell loaders. Oldies but goodies...

LGB

Speedo66
May 9, 2009, 04:56 PM
Nice deals, good bargaining.

Just curious about why your wife thinks it's OK to shoot one domestic animal and not another?

472x1A/B
May 9, 2009, 07:32 PM
I have a model M Texan progressive. Bought it 22 years ago and still don't have all of the powder bushings yet. Had to have a machanist make most of the shot bushings for me. Wouldn't sell it for a $1000 tho. FWIW I think you got ( your wife) got a really great deal.

elktrout
May 10, 2009, 09:53 AM
Hang on to that woman!!! Lot's of us would love to have our wives as involved in our sport as yours is.

depoloni
May 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
Just curious about why your wife thinks it's OK to shoot one domestic animal and not another?
Uhh... well, as a dog owner I'd have to agree. To each his own but I dislike cats.

Haven't met one yet that's convinced me it wasn't out for itself. Rare to meet a dog that wouldn't kill itself for its owner. But I am absolutely biased so please (?) don't take that personally anyone. :D

That being said, don't think I'd give my kids the okay to paintball either. More because cat owners have lawyers than anything else - I doubt he's "hunting" cats, and a paintball is better than a 22 from a cat's point of view when it's trespassing where it shouldn't be.

Kind of funny - the story, not the sidetrack on the paintballs versus domesticated species. Your wife rocks. Mine? She refused to shoot much for years until I put a pistol in her hand and then repayed me by quickly outshooting me. Every time, still does too. Good for the ego, or was that humility?

If you enjoyed reading about "My wife surprised me today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!