Imperial sizing wax

PDA

kestak
May 12, 2009, 02:36 PM
Greetings,

I am using Imperial sizing wax and I was wondering if you were cleaning your brass from it after usage? I was used to liquid lube and I had to clean, but with the wax, it is already sooo...clean that I wonder if I have to wipe my cases still.

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Imperial sizing wax" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Afy
May 12, 2009, 02:38 PM
If I lube.. I generally tumble the finished rounds for about 30 minutes. Imperial or not..

DickM
May 12, 2009, 02:39 PM
I tumble mine briefly after sizing with Imperial. I don't know if it's really necessary, but there's definitely some of the lube left on the cases and I'd rather that not get into my guns.

Eb1
May 12, 2009, 04:16 PM
I tumble for 20-30 minutes after using sizing wax. If I don't sometimes powder gets caught in the neck.

kestak
May 12, 2009, 04:24 PM
Greetings,

I am quite puzzled. I run my index finger first pad gently with no pressure at all on the wax then turn1 turn around the neck of the case. It is very subtle the wax on the case. After having it run through the 3 dies, I can't even feel it anymore....

Do you apply more wax than that?

Thank you

Walkalong
May 12, 2009, 04:27 PM
You are applying plenty of wax. It does not take very much. It can be wiped off with a cloth, but tumbling just a few minutes is the easiest way.

Clark
May 12, 2009, 04:30 PM
After waxing, I send my brass to the massage parlor, where it wears only a towel and gets rubbed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Imperial sizing wax" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!