Weapon light decision

PDA

bratch
May 13, 2009, 05:53 PM
I'm looking for a light for my Mossberg 930 SPX. I've narrowed it down to 2 options:

1. Surefire G2LED with tape switch
2. Streamlight TLR1 with tape switch

After the mount for the Surefire the price is almost identical so which is a better set up?

If you enjoyed reading about "Weapon light decision" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BAYWARRA
May 15, 2009, 07:31 PM
have you looked at combathunting.com they have a range of lights
and beer is great

taliv
May 17, 2009, 02:00 PM
wish i could help.

i have a couple of the G2 LED lights, but not with tape switches. they are not as bright as i would like, but for the money, not bad, and good enough.

never seen the tlr1

stevelyn
May 18, 2009, 04:58 AM
We outfitted all of our department shotguns with TLR-1s, but they have the rocker switches on them.

bratch
May 18, 2009, 11:40 AM
I ended up going with the TLR1 with the tape. I should have everything set up tomorrow or Wednesday and will update with opinions.

I've got a G2LED and a Surefire forearm on a couple other things so I should be able to compare.

10-Ring
May 18, 2009, 06:52 PM
I prefer the throw of the TLR1 vs. the SF -- they are really very similar and both will do the job well

NWdude83
May 21, 2009, 11:49 PM
Streamlight polytac LED.

NWdude83
May 21, 2009, 11:52 PM
they are really very similar

There are known unknowns and unknow knows...

If you enjoyed reading about "Weapon light decision" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!