Are tasers legal for citizens in California

PDA

Surefire
May 16, 2009, 11:11 PM
I thought they were NOT legal.

Is this still the case?

What about the new wireless taser technology I've read about. Has a company made a wireless taser that is actually used by a police force yet?

If you enjoyed reading about "Are tasers legal for citizens in California" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Surefire
May 16, 2009, 11:29 PM
The wireless taser technology I remember was from HSV Technologies company, not sure if they still are in business. IIRC, it used UV lasers to contuct electricity rather than wires-- which I assume would allow more than 1 shot.

Max C.
May 18, 2009, 04:18 AM
Tasers are legal in CA and can be purchased over the counter.

http://www.taser.org/laws.html

BK
May 24, 2009, 07:23 PM
Max is right. The one I have, has no warning labels regarding prohibited states... at all.

Hungry Seagull
May 24, 2009, 07:52 PM
Tasers are paperweights until they are provided a activation code which the successful background check run is passed by the buyer from the maker of said taser. I think there was a fee payable by credit card to finish the process over the phone. That pretty much cuts out minors and those without credit cards.

That is the thing to remember about tasers in general.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are tasers legal for citizens in California" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!