Couple of knife questions

PDA

PA Freedom
May 17, 2009, 11:07 AM
Does anyone have any experience with Blind Horse Knives? I am interested in the Batwing and the Tiger Knapp. Also, is the classic KBAR fighting knife (with leather handle, marked USMC as well as other branches on the sheath) still made in USA? Ive heard yes and no. Thanks in advance for your answers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Couple of knife questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Searcher1970
May 17, 2009, 01:24 PM
I had one of the batwings. Nice little knife and razor sharp.

captainamerica
May 17, 2009, 06:49 PM
I just received the Tiger Knapp. It is very sharp and very sturdy. It's not stainless but they say to keep mineral oil treating it. I'm very happy with it and expect to get a lifetime of service with it. The grind is a hollow type with a convex edge and that's evidently easy enough to keep sharp for extended periods with a leather strop. And sandpaper on a mouse pad for the periodical sharpening. I'm carrying my every day around my neck.

jayp
May 18, 2009, 02:19 PM
I believe the classic KaBar Fixed blade knives are still made in the USA. It says they are on the KaBar web site.

CWL
May 18, 2009, 05:27 PM
Just got my 3rd one last Friday, the bushbaby.

I now own 2 bushcrafters and a baby bushcrafter. They are excellent blades and all have beautiful tiger maple grips.

L.T. is a real "solid" guy to do business with.

If you enjoyed reading about "Couple of knife questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!