red dot sights on defensive handgun?

PDA

jtheise4
May 18, 2009, 07:49 PM
I'm considering putting a Trijicon Red Dot sight on my S&W M&P9. This gun will not be carried. It is on my nightstand. I have a red dot sight on my S&W 22A and love it. Makes shooting quickly much easier. Any thoughts? Anyone have a simaliar setup? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "red dot sights on defensive handgun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jambo545
June 2, 2009, 03:17 AM
Hey I also have an m&p 9. I use it for when I train(high risk security)If I were to do that I would use the new trijicon rmr the one that uses tritium and fiber. I have also thought of doing the same thing. I am completely not opposed to it I actually think it is a good idea. It is just hard now days to get a good solid opinion out of people on that subject becuase people don't think you need one but look at all the competition shooters using dots . I really think I will do the same soon. The shooting technique I use is called the C.A.R. system and I think it will help me alot check out the car system

rcmodel
June 2, 2009, 01:38 PM
If I need a gun in the middle of the night, I will probably need it Right Now.

No time to be fiddling & diddling with red-dot sight ON switches and intensity dials.

The best thing to do would be put a set of Tritium night sights on it.

rc

rondog
June 2, 2009, 03:47 PM
A red-dot sight is fine, IF you can see the target! I'd rather have tritium night sights, and Crimson Trace lasergrips. Oh wait, I DO!

Besides, if you paint a BG's eyes with a bright red laser, he's quite liable to see the error of his ways and save you the grief of cappin' his dumb ass and ruining your carpet. With a red-dot sight, he doesn't even know you're there.

Noxx
June 2, 2009, 05:25 PM
Another vote for CT grips. You don't have to fiddle with them, grab the gun in your shooting grip and they come on.

A nice red-dot I think is more suited to a target / race gun, for a home SD piece I'd rather the laser.

jambo545
June 3, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hey guys slooowww down on the red dot bashing I said that you should use a trijicon rmr red dot if you have ever been around these they dont use batteries and are always on in any light. I use them on many weapons even for psd.

If you enjoyed reading about "red dot sights on defensive handgun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!