The perfect yard sign for anti-gun neighbors

PDA

Reyn
May 24, 2009, 08:07 PM
Sorry if it's a repost. I thought it was pretty good.:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/reyn61/gun20sign.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "The perfect yard sign for anti-gun neighbors" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wyocarp
May 24, 2009, 08:27 PM
That's great. If I had neighbors, and ones I knew were anti-gun, I'd put that sign up.

Big Daddy Grim
May 24, 2009, 08:29 PM
I like it funny.:)

Straight Shooter
May 24, 2009, 08:31 PM
That's GREAT!!!:D

Greybeard7
May 24, 2009, 08:40 PM
Unfortunately, what it does say is that if they want to steal guns, your house has them and the neighbors doesn't.

Then they just have to observe if you go to work every day and what your hours are.

I can appreciate the sentiment, and that you posted it for humor. Just not a good idea, IMO, for more reasons than just the above.

GB7

KarenTOC
May 24, 2009, 09:00 PM
The sign is hilarious. But if the neighbors get robbed, it'll somehow be your fault, they'll sue you, and probably win. :::sigh:::

Seriously though, I consider outing a person's nondefense status no different than publishing CCW lists. If folks choose not to defend themselves, it's not up to anyone else to advertise it.

Reyn
May 24, 2009, 09:14 PM
For the record,it's a joke. I wouldnt put it in my yard. Still think it's funny though.

Hungry Seagull
May 24, 2009, 10:48 PM
It is a goodie and a classic.

One of my neighbors has signs warning at perimeter, but two particular gates they WILL be shot in three languages. Even the LEO's stay away. LOL Unless they are called.

With such neighbors I cannot find a place for this sign. Oh well.

There was a old Iconic imagery I forget what now but I think of a B-52 banking away from a Fusion Bomb Attack with the words "Miller Time!"

Another was posted from a Marine elsewhere on the internet showing a Company Commander's Hand Written poster in Iraq.

Greet everyone, have a plan to kill whoever you greet.

Somehow this does not apply to walmart greeters LOLZ.

Zach S
May 24, 2009, 11:19 PM
One of my neighbors has signs warning at perimeter, but two particular gates they WILL be shot in three languages. Even the LEO's stay away. LOL Unless they are called.lol. I saw one of those "trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot again" signs in english and spanish somewhere in my area.

xbox360
May 24, 2009, 11:20 PM
funny

TooTaxed
May 25, 2009, 12:23 AM
It works.

I once participated in an interview of penetentiary inmates convicted for crimes using guns. In a group discussion, the 20 inmates unanimously agreed that in selecting victims, they avoid people and homes they suspect have guns. Simply, they want to "do their thing" quickly, quietly, and safely, and depart before someone shows up with a gun. Armed victims are liable to shoot, drawing attention and the police, shoot the felon, or hold them for the police...several had been captured this way. Having guns is a deterrant to crime if the criminals know you are armed.

They didn't burglarize homes to get guns...they obtained them by purchase or trade from other criminals, selectively preferring the same type of pistols carried by police. Guns found incidently in burglaries were gathered up along with the computers, TVs, and similar goods and sold for the money. They had little interest in rifles and shotguns, which are rarely used in crime, and can't be bartered for more than a small percentage of their legal retail value.

Guns left at home while the occupants are away should be locked in safes or padlocked in closets by steel cables fastened to the wall studs...easy to do! If they are difficult to take, the burglars probably wont take the time to get them.

shaggy430
May 25, 2009, 12:29 AM
They didn't burglarize homes to get guns

I tend to disagree. You may have meant that they did not burglarize homes to get guns for reasons of furthering their criminal activities (ie. to use in a hold-up or gang-related shooting). However, a thief will take anything of value that they can turn into liquid funds quickly or to trade for (insert vice here).

TooTaxed
May 25, 2009, 02:15 AM
As I said...the guns they took in burglaries were incidental, not the purpose of the burglary. Electronics, cameras, ect. are easier to market.

lvcat2004
May 25, 2009, 04:27 AM
I agree with TooTaxed, well it actually doesn't matter if I agree or not, it's the fact.

A concern that people will break in and steal firearms is simply a ludicrous fallacy that is not backed up by facts. Of course, we are talking about residences, not retail store that sells firrearms. If they steal firearms, it's purely coincidental, and thiefs DO NOT choose to come in to a house with a sticker that says "protected by Smith and Wesson" in order to steal your firearm.

Their fear of getting shot or having an armed confrontation far outweighs their desire to steal firearms. They want quick cash equivalent, unnoticed and unharmed. Electronics and jewelry are a lot easier to deal with than firearms, which may potentially be pointed at them.

berettashotgun
May 25, 2009, 07:28 AM
Mandatory sentencing IS very strict when a firearm is involved. Be it whether it was brought to the party or just jumped in the b-holes pocket.

Redneck thieves will steal firearms on purpose, most of the city types of scum just happen across them - IMHO.

Fencing a ring or camera doesn't carry near the penalty a firearm does.

By the same token - although I'm POSITIVE everyone on this forum has multiple pictures and recorded serial #'s of every gun they own:rolleyes: - most everyone I have ever came across has no solid record of the guns they own.

POLICE: " What was stolen sir?"

HOMEOWNER: " Some shotguns and a .22; but I don't have the serial #'s - I got these from my ( fill in the blank of a relative)

POLICE: "I'm sure we can locate them - sure - right:neener: hahahahahahaahah

danprkr
May 25, 2009, 08:38 AM
POLICE: " What was stolen sir?"

HOMEOWNER: " Some shotguns and a .22; but I don't have the serial #'s - I got these from my ( fill in the blank of a relative)

POLICE: "I'm sure we can locate them - sure - right hahahahahahaahah

Great, now I know what I have to do this evening since this season of 24 is over. Inventory. Thanks! :rolleyes:

stubbicatt
May 25, 2009, 09:08 AM
Yep. Friend of mine in sheriff's department was charged with closing cold cases. Told me of an arrested burglar he drove around in his squad car asking him to identify houses where he burglarized them.

As they came upon this one house with a 15 foot circle of white rocks with a flagpole sporting Old Glory, sheriff asked burglar why he didn't burglarize this house? Burglar told him, "because a gun lives here!"

Guess the retired Marine who lived there presented a squared away yard which was more than the felon was willing to risk finding out what was inside.

thesolidus
May 25, 2009, 09:15 AM
"tresspassers will be violated, survivors will be shot."

A classic movie sign.

BigGuy52
May 25, 2009, 09:21 AM
A great sign for sure.

I saw another one that was on a fence, it read..

"Warning No Trespass"

" You are now within Range"

61chalk
May 25, 2009, 10:06 AM
Great sign.

But after reading the threads...for around here, there has been too many people whose homes were broken into for the sole purpose of only stealing guns, an only the guns.
An thats a Fact.

Hungry Seagull
May 25, 2009, 11:00 AM
Back where I was raised we didnt bother with them there gun signs.

The signs that DID matter were simple.

The doggie can reach the fence in 6 seconds, CAN YOU?

Refers to junkyards in general and a few in no particular places.

Usually you heard a snarl, screams and eventually learned the true cost of your friend of a friend's alternator.

I recall one yard that said:

"Forget the &^%$ dawg, watch out for Mr Gauge!"

Double Naught Spy
May 25, 2009, 11:25 AM
It works.

Oh come on. You have no idea if such signs work. The study you participated in didn't involve these yard signs.

The Annoyed Man
May 25, 2009, 12:58 PM
One of my neighbors has signs warning at perimeter, but two particular gates they WILL be shot in three languages.
How do you shoot someone in three languages? My guns go "BANG!" regardless of what language I'm speaking.

:D

ReadyRob
May 25, 2009, 01:05 PM
I think the sign is great. I wouldn't put it in my yard, but its funny. I needed a chuckle this morning.

I wonder if there is any sign shops open today . . .

Hungry Seagull
May 25, 2009, 01:06 PM
LOL never thought of that.

:banghead:

Luv my 1897
May 25, 2009, 05:36 PM
:confused: If your neighbor is anti-gun they probably WOULDN'T want you to try and defend them with your guns. They want to leave that up to the Police, not you, their neighbor with a 1911 and AR15.

First off it isn't your place to try and be the John Wayne (guardian Angel) of your neighborhood by defending your neighbors, that is the Police and Sheriff's job.

Second, what if you accidentally shoot your neighbor's son who you have never seen before because you think he is the perp? You will be charged with manslaughter, possibly murder depending on the circumstances. So I think whoever made this ignorant sign needs to really review his local, state and federal laws. It is illegal to intervene in a situation like that, call the police. Sometimes we say "pull your head out of your ass!"

Hmmm... I hope I have you thinking, not just calling me a wimp, I think legally.

Seriously, though I am an avid second amendment supporter and will defend my home and family 'till death. I wouldn't try to intervene if someone was robbing my neighbor because that is not my duty, nor is it yours. If you do intervene there is a very good chance YOU will go to jail, maybe even prison. Also, there is about a 90% chance you will be personally sued by the victim's (that you shot) family.

The only reason I am "going off" on this sign is I am studying Administration of Justice and am going to enroll in the police academy as soon as I am finished with school.

Luv my 1897
May 25, 2009, 05:47 PM
Sure, I know it is a joke sign, but there are some people who do try to be the "hero." It is stupid internet banners and signs on fences saying "I will shoot any perpetrator and if you are still moving I will shoot you again" that are anti-gun advocates bread and butter. So sure you think it's funny, but you know left wing fanatics look at websites like this one so they can use things like this to support their cause.

:banghead:

ReadyRob
May 25, 2009, 05:54 PM
I have just finished the Administration of Justice. I am pretty new to the list myself and am not sure the concept is fully accepted.

The truth of the matter is that once the shooting has stopped, your LEGAL problems have most likely just began.

Massad Yyoob has a very good dvd, and a book, that while almost 30 years old, is considered to be one of the best on the subject. I don't know if its allowed to post the names, so if anyone interested shoot me a email.

danprkr
May 25, 2009, 06:01 PM
Luv my 1897

Joe Horn, Google him be interesting for your teachers to know about if they're telling you that you can't defend others property here in Texas. In at least this case he was allowed.

Luv my 1897
May 25, 2009, 06:13 PM
I fully agree with you, Rob. The truth of the matter is that even a Police officer involved in a lawful shooting will generally be sued by the family, especially if the officer kills the man/woman he shot. It doesn't matter if the guy was in a PCP rage and that was the only way to stop him. No family will just accept their son/daughter/husband... being killed. Chances are they were not at the scene and have an altered perception on what happened to cause the shooting. Unfortunately there are Lawyers that will represent the victim's family. Still, most of those cases are thrown out by the courts after a civil trial, but there are those officers who are proved guilty somehow in a justified shooting case. That is sad because good Officers are put in jail for doing their job, but the media construes it to seem like he or she is a cold-blooded killer.

The legal repercussions definitely start after all of the dust has settled and the investigation of the shooting begins. Citizens who shoot or kill another man, regardless of the validity of the shooting will still have to face legal repercussions until it is proved that the shooting was lawful. You can't just shoot a person and expect the Police to shake your hand and thank you! It can also cost a whole lot of money to hire a defense attorney, which I know I don't have the money or time to jump through the hoops. I am not saying I wouldn't defend my home and family at any cost, because I would. My shotgun is always accessible and the shells are in a completely different, but just as easily accessible place. I am ready and would not hesitate.

Luv my 1897
May 25, 2009, 06:27 PM
Yes, Texas is alot more lenient when it comes to gun laws, hell, you can walk down the street there with a gun on your hip, or so I have heard. I do know you can own pretty much any weapon, as long as you are not a criminal.

But I live in liberal California where most people are scared to death of guns. I call those people who think nothing will happen to them or that the police will always be there to save them SHEEP!!! All they do is watch reality shows and American Idol instead of realizing the world isn't the warm, fuzzy place they see on TV. Here in Cali those ignoramuses think just because someone has 30 rounds in what they refer to as "unnecessary" or "overkill" assault weapon they will go postal. They think that as soon as someone purchases an "assault weapon" they are going to go shoot up the local library simply because they have a 30 round magazine.

The thing that confuses me is what must be on an AR type rifle. We here in CA must have what is called a "Bullet Button" on rifles with pistol grips and a detachable magazine. A Bullet Button is simply a button that is recessed into the action, where the typical mag release button is. You then have to use the tip of a bullet for that gun to press the button! That is so asinine simply because my friend and I have thought of at least seven different ways to depress the button without a bullet. Everyone has seen Sardine cans with the "key" to open it, right? Hmmm... I would never use any of our ideas because I am a casual shooter, so I don't need to perform speed reloads or anything. Plus, I don't own an AR type rifle.

Reyn
May 25, 2009, 07:06 PM
So sure you think it's funny, but you know left wing fanatics look at websites like this one so they can use things like this to support their cause

I could care less what a left wing fanatic thinks.

danprkr
May 25, 2009, 07:27 PM
Yes, Texas is alot more lenient when it comes to gun laws, hell, you can walk down the street there with a gun on your hip, or so I have heard.

Definitely not true. To carry legally here you have to have a permit, and you have to carry concealed. Last stats I read were that about 1% of the population had a permit, and that the national average was 1% - 2% of the population had permits nationwide which puts all us cowboys pretty much in the lower end of the 'normal' spectrum.

Come visit sometime, unless you go to a show, shop, or range odds are the only place you'll see a gun is the occasional rifle in a ranch truck, or TV. I'm guessing that's pretty much just like the Peeples Republik of **********

I do know you can own pretty much any weapon, as long as you are not a criminal.

Basically true Jealous? :D

Southern Rebel
May 25, 2009, 08:13 PM
My favorite sign:

DON'T FEAR MY DOG
HE IS MERELY THE HOLDER
FEAR THE OWNER
HE IS THE TRIGGER-PULLER

Luv my 1897
May 25, 2009, 09:08 PM
Well, those left wing fanatics are in the White House now... So you better care what they think! They can impose all the gun bans they want, especially in liberal states like California and New York. If you live in Texas all you have to worry about is Federal laws, because they supersede State laws.

Luv my 1897
May 25, 2009, 09:10 PM
Yes, I am jealous! I want an Armalite AR10T but nooooo, they don't sell to California residents. TOTAL BS!!!

Also, I had heard that Texans could carry openly, but that was years ago. That's why I said "or so I've heard."

deerhunter61
May 25, 2009, 09:11 PM
That is FUNNY! It is obvious some are taking this a little too serious...

On the other hand if someone were to actually put that up in their yard some of the posters are correct that it could cause some grief for a lot of people!

TooTaxed
May 25, 2009, 10:28 PM
Existing gun laws vary from town to town and can get complex. That's why I never reported any of the three incidents where having a gun saved me from physical assaults...one of my friends (in Santa Rosa, CA) had done so and wound up getting hasseled by the police.

If someone actually put this sign in their yard, and their neighbor wound up getting burgled, possibly in some localities they could successfully sue you for abetting the burglary...:eek:

CSA 357
May 25, 2009, 11:21 PM
The trouble is if they take our guns we will all have a sign in our yard, we are helpless! Come do what you want, take what you want, the law and laws are not what keep people from breaking in on you in the night! Its the thought of the armed homeowner that keeps them from breaking in, i have heard that thats what kept the japs from coming on into the usa in ww2, i like the sign, but i would rather make them wonder!:d csa

Claude Clay
May 25, 2009, 11:43 PM
If you can read this

you are in range

moooose102
May 26, 2009, 04:48 AM
ok, THAT, IS HILARIOUS! :D:neener: where do i get my copy!?!?!:evil:

Elvishead
May 26, 2009, 05:18 AM
That is something I would have thought after a few.

I still love it though.

If you enjoyed reading about "The perfect yard sign for anti-gun neighbors" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!