Tagua Gun Leather

PDA

The Lone Haranguer
May 25, 2009, 09:43 PM
I examined some of their products (http://taguagunleather.com/tagua_interna.php?id=2&title=Our%20Products) at the Knoxville gun show. I elected not to purchase anything at that time and had no means of testing any guns for fit, but the molding, stitching and dyeing - the brown holsters reminded me of that found on expensive shoes - and overall workmanship appeared first rate. I wonder if anyone else has tried these. The story of how they obtained their craftsmen is interesting. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Tagua Gun Leather" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
texagun
May 28, 2009, 04:47 PM
I have a couple of them. A beltslide for a Sig P228/P229 and a beltslide for a 5" Government Model. I think I will pick up an IWB for a J-Frame S&W too. They are made in Paraguay and appear to be top-notch.

-v-
May 28, 2009, 06:18 PM
I have one for an XD9/40 and I am not too impressed with it. It did fit my gun perfectly from the get go, and the design is sound. However mine began to start cracking around bend points on the holster loops fairly soon, and the dye/sealant from the sides of the leather sheets began to flake off fairly quickly too. Also the inside of the holster seems rather agressive, and a few spots on my matte SS slide now have a mirror sheen to 'em.

While it does serve what I need it to serve, I am not very impressed with the quality of their materials. I have another leather holster from Master's in the same price range that has had none of the above issues, but it did require a good bit of break in, on the other hand.

Deltaboy
May 28, 2009, 10:59 PM
I have 2 of their Belt slides that go in or out of your pants. 1 for the Sigma 40ve and the other small one for my MAK. :D:D:D

I love them and plan on buying a full sized OWB holster this summer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tagua Gun Leather" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!