Leupold varix-2 something clinking around

PDA

45Badger
May 26, 2009, 02:49 PM
I've got a Vari-x2 that I've had laying around waiting for a gun for a few years. Finally mounted it on a Remington 700 in .308 Win. Glass is beautful, it works great, and adjustments are accurate and consistent.

I noticed that it makes a clinking sound when tipped from side to side (not front to back). I guess something has broken loose inside of scope, but have no clue what it is, or what it could damage. Any thoughts or ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "Leupold varix-2 something clinking around" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JohnBT
May 26, 2009, 04:02 PM
It's broken?

That's what I know about scopes that make noise. Send it back, it would drive me crazy.

I picked out a nice V-something-II for my father to give my uncle and something inside broke after less than 7 rounds of .30-06. It could have been broken before he mounted it because it wouldn't group.

It was probably a spring because it wouldn't shoot a 6-inch group at less than 100 yards. He decided not to waste round 8 and took advantage of the famous Leupold warranty. They were quick about it.

John

If you enjoyed reading about "Leupold varix-2 something clinking around" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!