VN era SKS

PDA

Jeff Williams196
May 26, 2009, 08:02 PM
I just bought a SKS 2 hours ago. I have already found out the guy was way off on the year. He said 1948. At the very least he was 8 years off. All the numbers match on the recvr the clip and the buttstock. There is no import markings anywhere on the rifle. There are a few other stamps a 2 or 5 a 'V' a 'S' and what could be a 'C' or a half moon.
The numbers read exactly like this: M21 (the letters) No 942621. The 42621 being the ones repeated. It has the buffed chorme bayonet, the original cleaning kit in the butt and what he called a 'jungle sling. The wood is a but dinged but it doesn't look like it has been stripped and cleaned. And it has a lot of clear on it. Something like Linseed oil The joker I bought it off of said it was a VN bring home, although the papers were "lost". So that's a story.
The rifle is in good shape and still tight, it shoots. Are the numbers I given any help at all. I just would like to know what I can say about it with out B.Sing.. too much

If you enjoyed reading about "VN era SKS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VJBUM
June 5, 2009, 03:44 AM
Try this site. It may help, lots of good SKS info.
http://www.yooperj.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "VN era SKS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!