EGW 20moa base for Rem 700...screws too short?

PDA

gotime242
May 28, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hello all,

I just recieved my EGW 20moa from swfa for my rem 700 short action, and upon installation i realized it included (3) shorter screws and (1) long one. I moved them around to diff places but it seemed on the back part one of the short screws was going to have to be used, and it looks like it is only connected by 1-2 threads *maybe*. I could get it tight, but i didnt want to tighten it as much as the other in fear or stripping it.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Or is this normal with the egw bases?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "EGW 20moa base for Rem 700...screws too short?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
USSR
May 28, 2009, 12:00 PM
I just recieved my EGW 20moa from swfa for my rem 700 short action, and upon installation i realized it included (3) shorter screws and (1) long one.

The long screw goes in the rearmost screwhole. Whatever you do, don't put it in the very front screwhole.

Don

gotime242
May 28, 2009, 12:21 PM
Yeah, thats what i did....figuring it would help secure the 2nd to rear screw with the 1-2 threads.

If you enjoyed reading about "EGW 20moa base for Rem 700...screws too short?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!