OT: Who has the best special forces?

PDA

clemsonu0219
May 28, 2009, 03:56 PM
An interesting, little off-topic question for anyone out there. Who has the best special forces group in the world? Of course, there is TONS of grey area here and is mostly based on personal opinion of people that aren't in day to day operations. Common 'answers' are the British SBS, Navy SEALs, sometimes Delta Force. Personally, I would consider MARSOC high on the list. I just find this interesting...

Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "OT: Who has the best special forces?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
May 28, 2009, 04:01 PM
The SEALs, no contest IMHO.

mbt2001
May 28, 2009, 04:04 PM
MIB :)

Seriously, I think that the FBI's HRT team is the best in the world. They only qualify under a paramilitary type heading, but there you go.

clemsonu0219
May 28, 2009, 04:08 PM
MIB

haha

Haven't heard of the FBI team, very interesting.

clemsonu0219
May 28, 2009, 04:11 PM
I know Force Recon used to train in all types of special forces environments. They would go to BUDS, ranger school, scout sniper school, etc. They had the more training, at least initially, than any other United States special forces team. Of course once you get into years of experience Delta Force would arguably have more training. Not sure if MARSOC trains in all different schools...

Medusa
May 28, 2009, 04:13 PM
define the parameters that make up that "best"?

Shung
May 28, 2009, 04:15 PM
The best are the ones you don't know about..

taliv
May 28, 2009, 04:16 PM
like you said, Off Topic

If you enjoyed reading about "OT: Who has the best special forces?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!