new gun oil bad?

PDA

xbox360
May 29, 2009, 08:34 PM
I have rem bore cleaner and I notice its starting to come out dirty muddy after I shake it :confused: It says "shake before use" I dont shake it and comes out nice and clean like, But if I shake it, it will come out dirty and muddy :fire: so should I not shake it up? I bought some hoppes #9 it was half the price of rem bore cleaner :)

If you enjoyed reading about "new gun oil bad?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Uncle Mike
May 29, 2009, 08:39 PM
Yea dude.. Shake that thing!

After you shake it, what your seeing is the additives that are normally settled to the bottom of the bottle suspended in the base oil.

The oil appears clear after the bottle has set awhile and the additives have settled back to the bottom of the barrel. :D

xbox360
May 29, 2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks

Tiomoid
May 30, 2009, 01:56 AM
Shake that thing! I prefer Hoppes for my barrel but your Bore cleaner will work fine...It just won't have that legendary smell.

ARNETT44
May 30, 2009, 12:32 PM
Yes, the smell of Hoppes in the morning! smells like Victory!

Uncle Mike
May 30, 2009, 04:19 PM
Chicks dig it too. A little behind the ear.... and watch out!

hmmm... wonder, could a man use it for aftershave... save some money on toiletries. :neener:

Average Joe
May 30, 2009, 09:28 PM
Just make sure the worm in the bottom is still intact, if it is, then its still good.

Ol` Joe
May 30, 2009, 09:40 PM
Rem bore cleaner is a mild abrasive that works very well on copper and carbon fouling. Make sure you don`t get it in the action or other moving parts though, it can cause undo wear.

If you enjoyed reading about "new gun oil bad?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!