M1 Carbine + Ultimak + Extended AR scope mount (Reversed)

PDA

MP-44
May 30, 2009, 09:04 AM
The mount in the link below reversed ( so it is over the receiver ) on an Ultimak rail with a Millet 1-4DMS .

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/American-Defense-RECON-X-Extended-Scope-1-in-rings-p/ad%20recon%20x%201.htm

Other than not to your taste is there any reason it wouldn't work?

I know I could use a scout or pistol scope on the Ultimak rail but I don't like the limited feild of view. I do like the DMS type scopes ( had one in the same mount on a S&W MP15T).

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine + Ultimak + Extended AR scope mount (Reversed)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
.45Guy
May 30, 2009, 09:12 AM
With it reversed over the receiver your tube will more than likely get wanged by brass. Plan accordingly.

MP-44
May 30, 2009, 09:17 AM
With it reversed over the receiver your tube will more than likely get wanged by brass. Plan accordingly.

So you are saying the empties will hit the mount and bounce back at me?

.45Guy
May 30, 2009, 09:25 AM
Or tear up your optic. I actually managed to kill an aim point on one of my old carbines.

MP-44
May 30, 2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks, that's the info I needed.

H2O MAN
May 30, 2009, 09:41 AM
M14/M1A owners with SAGE stocks do this with a LaRue SPR-E LT-139 (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=40) reversed.
None of them have reported any of the issues listed above.

Note: I have no experience with the carbine.

MarineOne
May 30, 2009, 09:49 AM
If the Carbine didn't eject brass almost straight up I'd do the same thing :)

Kris

Speedo66
May 30, 2009, 10:13 AM
Other than $190 for a mount!!! :eek:

.45Guy
May 30, 2009, 10:35 AM
If the Carbine didn't eject brass almost straight up I'd do the same thing
Yep, and sometimes they like to do even worse. I had a beater GI for awhile with a slightly peened ejector and chipped extractor. Being a lefty, it put them dead center of my forehead... Not exactly a pleasant experience. A quick order from Riverbank Armory saved the day though.

WinchesterAA
May 30, 2009, 06:24 PM
That's no good .45Guy.

Rubber_Duck
May 30, 2009, 06:33 PM
I recommend the LaRue mount that H20 MAN pointed out. For a little more money you will have what is IMO the absolute best scope mount that money can buy. This is of course if you want the best of the best and money is no object. :-)

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine + Ultimak + Extended AR scope mount (Reversed)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!