AR-15 buttstock counterweight question

PDA

digdeep74
May 30, 2009, 09:45 PM
Has anyone had the opportunity to use a buttstock counterweight to offset the weight relationship between the front and rear of the ar-15.I have recently installed a new set of quad rails and an eotech and the front is really heavy while the back is light.
Thanks in advance
josh

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-15 buttstock counterweight question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JDGray
May 30, 2009, 11:11 PM
I use one in my 20" heavy barreled target gun, but if I had to carry it far, I wouldn't. In your case, set up with an EoTech, I'm betting on a 16" carbine, for action shooting, and would forget about it. 3.5# feels like 30#:D

I'd get an adjustable stock, and run it shorter, it will help in the weight distribution.

4v50 Gary
May 31, 2009, 01:03 AM
I uncle uses one. He put one in because his barrel looks like an axle shaft.

Orlando
May 31, 2009, 10:14 AM
I have the weight in a A2 stock. Its not for counter weight but for more stability when shooting

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-15 buttstock counterweight question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!