Ordering an AR upper. Quick question.

PDA

Smeh
May 31, 2009, 09:15 PM
Ok, so I know that to order a lower receiver, it has to be done through an FFL. Does that mean I'll have to order my upper through an FFL as well, or can I have it shipped right to my door?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ordering an AR upper. Quick question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shear_stress
May 31, 2009, 09:17 PM
Only the lower is considered a firearm.

skyflyer
May 31, 2009, 09:19 PM
The lower is the firearm, thats the only part that needs to go by a ffl unless your state has further restrictions.

Roadwild17
May 31, 2009, 09:21 PM
If you live in a "free" state, you can mail order to your heart ir checkbook's content.

By free I mean a state that has no stricter laws than the fed laws.

10-Ring
May 31, 2009, 09:35 PM
Good luck in your quest!

Mooseman
May 31, 2009, 11:48 PM
If you find a place that has them in stock, and isn't marked up to 2x it's price a year ago, let me know.

SHvar
June 1, 2009, 01:34 AM
I saw several complete ARs for sale recently in a local gunshop. All 16 inch carbines, except a few rifles. There were colt, stag, S&W, and a few others. The prices ranged from $1300-$1600, some lowers (didnt notice the brand) in the $250 range if I read it right. Ammo prices werent any good, but the rifles werent too bad.
They were having a problem keeping handgun ammo in stock now.

cal74
June 1, 2009, 12:39 PM
AR prices are pretty quickly going back to retail prices and there's been a few complete uppers going pretty reasonably.

Our few shops around here have quite a few AR's around once again and there's quite a few lowers everywhere I've been. I've scene them available online for back to pre-gouge price, but they're still marked up pretty good.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ordering an AR upper. Quick question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!