give this site a try

PDA

hozman
June 2, 2009, 12:19 AM
just thought i'd drop in ,say hey and look around before askin anything. been a wannabe gunnut for awhile but darn kids,life etc...kinda ate into spendin money. been able to pick up a few things along the way but never really dive in. chitlins all but grown now so if work will pick back up...hopefully get goin with things. recent p/u is an oly arms AR and the shop did feww things to it ,so prolly good to go till i get other ideas on how to sink $$ into it . bout hunt&pecked out for now.maybe get a pic on soon to get some straight poop on what i am really workin with..take er easy

If you enjoyed reading about "give this site a try" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
longdayjake
June 2, 2009, 12:30 AM
Man lay off whatever it is you are on. :D Just kidding, but seriously what were you trying to say?

jim in Anchorage
June 2, 2009, 12:44 AM
chitlins all but grown
First idea-kept it less regional.

juk
June 2, 2009, 12:57 AM
Welcome to the great firearms knowledge and information site known as The High Road! And by all means, post some pics of that OLY

ccsniper
June 2, 2009, 01:00 AM
beware of the gun buyin bug. it will takeover your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

scythefwd
June 2, 2009, 03:29 AM
longdayjake,
I hope this helps :P

just thought i'd drop in ,say hey and look around before askin anything.
Hi, I'm new.
been a wannabe gunnut for awhile but darn kids,life etc...kinda ate into spendin money.
I have been interested in guns for a little while but life has stopped me from getting too involved with my interests.
been able to pick up a few things along the way but never really dive in.
I have a couple of arms but I couldn't really start collecting ??
chitlins all but grown now so if work will pick back up...hopefully get goin with things.
Children are grown up, so if work picks back up I will hopefully have enough spending cash to play arms collector.
recent p/u is an oly arms AR and the shop did feww things to it ,so prolly good to go till i get other ideas on how to sink $$ into it .
I recently picked up an Olympic Arms AR. The dealer has done some modifications to it. I should be good with that for a little while, at least until I can find a way to spend more money on it.
bout hunt&pecked out for now.
The store was pretty picked over.
maybe get a pic on soon to get some straight poop on what i am really workin with..take er easy
I will post a picture when I get the chance. I am looking for information on what I have here.
Take er easy (lost on this one here :) )

I hear the oly's are pretty good.. but I'd reserve judgment until someone more knowledgeable pipes up.

jim in Anchorage
June 2, 2009, 04:05 AM
Nice job, but I think"hunt & peck" refers to typing skills. Otherwise,a excellent translation.

scythefwd
June 2, 2009, 04:36 AM
Jim,
Yeah, it could have gone either way. I went with the shopping experience angle on that one :) Not to shabby for a midwestern city boy. hehehehe I really was just trying to be funny. I thought it was pretty clear what he meant.

jim in Anchorage
June 2, 2009, 04:53 AM
OK I coincide but you just beat me by posting while I was:confused: over the "chitlans" part. Is that not some sort of pigs guts? "Chillans" I may have got:D

CajunBass
June 2, 2009, 07:32 AM
bout hunt&pecked out for now. take er easy

I think you got the rest of it down pretty well, but I'm sure the "hunt&pecked" part is a reference to his typing style, which a lot of people use.

"take er easy" is a slured form of "take her easy" or as perhaps more commonly expressed "take it easy" or "Don't work too hard."

Having grown up in the country, I speak "conversational country boy."

Welcome to the forum hozman. Pull up a chair and sit on the floor. Make yourself at home. Coffee'll be ready in a bit. Rinse out a cup and pull up one of those five gallon buckets and sit a spell.

ParaElite
June 2, 2009, 10:17 AM
Scythefwd,
I grew up learning a close facsimile of the Queen's English so I appreciate the translation!

jhco
June 2, 2009, 10:22 AM
I fully understood all of what he said, but I a little willey myself.
WELCOME TO THR.

Uncle Mike
June 2, 2009, 10:25 AM
HAHAHAHA-

Nice-:D

P.B.Walsh
June 2, 2009, 11:03 AM
Welcome to The High Road. :)

CZguy
June 2, 2009, 12:28 PM
I had real trouble understanding the first post, and really applicate the translations.

HoosierQ
June 2, 2009, 01:24 PM
Hozman

Don't freak out. You've taken some kidding. Internet speak is not very prevelant on this site. Folks here tend to spend a little more time composing their thoughts. Many of us predate the internet by decades so beyond "LOL" and "OMG" and a few other conventions, folks write in English here.

This is, in my opinion, the best informational forum on any subject you will find on the internet...the best one I have found anyway. Again...any subject...not just guns. Sure, people spout off opinions, sometime are wrong but if you read a lot, ask a few questions, and weight carefully what you read here, you will learn a lot and you will get great answers.

Welcome aboard.

Maverick223
June 2, 2009, 06:57 PM
Welcome Hoz! Show us whatcha got and I sure we can help you spend a bit more. :D

New User
June 3, 2009, 02:26 AM
Welcome aboard. Don't let the cunning linguists and grammarians get you down. Noli nothis permittere te terere.

Maverick223
June 3, 2009, 03:03 AM
Quis facio vos narro? Linguam Latinam non loquor.

Vos attero vestri vicis reddo is condemnare quoniam totus es editio est ut vos attero vestri vicis. :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "give this site a try" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!