A Possible Correlation?

PDA

Rellian
June 2, 2009, 11:39 AM
ok, maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but sometime last year this gun craze began and people started snapping up boom sticks and ammo like they were acid sheets at Woodstock.
Now I hear this morning from a few news sources that the FBI had just released statistics saying that violent crime is down nation wide. Could there be a correlation? Or is this just a cosmic coincidence? I realize that cause and effect can sometimes take longer than eight to ten months.... but could there be something to this?

If you enjoyed reading about "A Possible Correlation?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
7.5-Swiss
June 2, 2009, 11:42 AM
It's almost certainly a coincidence. There are so many different factors that contribute to or detract from crime rates that it would be impossible to nail one down as a single cause.

danweasel
June 2, 2009, 11:44 AM
I don't think it could hurt. But I am hesitent to believe that criminals are making an "adjustment" to a safer line of work so quickly.

I mostly replied to say that I am stealing your "like they were acid sheets at Woodstock" line for my own personal use! Hahaha,

Dan

MT GUNNY
June 2, 2009, 11:55 AM
Dont Forget Heller! Even Crimminals can Hear, See, and Read!

If you enjoyed reading about "A Possible Correlation?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!