If a 4x28 scope is parallax set at ....

PDA

mick53
June 2, 2009, 09:03 PM
If a 4x28 scope has a "60 yard parallax correction distance setting" will it be useable at 15-25yds too?

It's a Leupold FX-I 4x28mm Rimfire scope I was thinking of mounting on a .22 I use for plinking.

You can shoot up to 25yds at the range I go to. It's used mostly by pistol shooters but they allow rifle shooting to.

Will there be any ill effects due to the 60yd setting?

Thanks,

mick

If you enjoyed reading about "If a 4x28 scope is parallax set at ...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JDGray
June 2, 2009, 10:59 PM
If your after one hole groups, the parallax can be a big factor. If your really consistant, and line up the same each shot, you'll be ok. I just sent my Leupold in to have the parallax set to 50yrds, and it still hits good at 100:)

rcmodel
June 3, 2009, 11:43 AM
Yes it will be usable.

As JDGRAY noted, if you put your eye in the same place behind the scope every shot, parallax is mostly meaningless anyway.

Especially at 15-25 yards, and especially for plinking.

If the 60 yard setting Leupold uses on rim-fire scopes was not suitable, they wouldn't be doing it.

rc

If you enjoyed reading about "If a 4x28 scope is parallax set at ...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!