I lost the front base screw to my 91/30...

PDA

RP88
June 2, 2009, 08:17 PM
So yea, I took it out of the safe to screw around with it, and noticed that I was missing the front screw when the mag fell out a bit. The rear guard screw was also very loose, so I am pretty sure I lost it at the range (thank God nothing bad happened to this. I guess I get a freebie for such inattentiveness this time) or while in the garage with it, and will probably not find it again.

I know that replacement parts can be had online, but I am curious if there is any screw out there that can be found in the hardware store that can work as well. I know that is alot of asking (it's 66 years old and made in Russia), but I figured it was worth asking.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "I lost the front base screw to my 91/30..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PCGS65
June 2, 2009, 08:30 PM
It's most likely a metric thread. As I'm sure you know you must find out the thread size first.

If you enjoyed reading about "I lost the front base screw to my 91/30..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!