Hunting Pic's from Africa

PDA

INKWE
June 3, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi All,

This was my first Waterbuck that I've shot.
Caliber that was used was a .308 Weatherby with 150g bullet.:eek:

Not the right caliber or ammo for this antelope but if the opportunity arises and thats all you got then you make the best of it.:uhoh::what:

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out slowly, squeeze the trigger.:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Hunting Pic's from Africa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Panthera Pardus
June 3, 2009, 12:30 PM
whats wrong with it's horns? are they not suppose to symetrical??

INKWE
June 3, 2009, 12:42 PM
Good question, but not all Waterbucks have symmetrical horns.

This Waterbuck bull was a very old bull and measured 29 1/2 inches before the drying out period, it will be in the Roland Ward record book @ 28 5/8.

Panthera Pardus
June 3, 2009, 12:45 PM
I have seen a lot of pictures of waterbucks, but this is the first time i have seen one with horns that is this deformed.
thank you for the explanation

INKWE
June 3, 2009, 12:55 PM
Here is one of my friends with a good looking impala shot in the lephalale area in south africa.

Caliber used was my 7x64 musgrave with 175g nosler bullet

Mokwepa
June 8, 2009, 05:21 AM
Hey there Inkwe. Good to see you are still on here. When are we going after the poor mans buffalo with the redhawk?

INKWE
June 8, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hi Mokwepa,

Waiting for you to get yours first, so that we can go and hunt the Blouwildebeest together.

The hunting dates are still set in August if you're keen.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hunting Pic's from Africa" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!