Unique, but cool hi point carbine.

PDA

Big_E
June 4, 2009, 02:10 PM
So I am over in Miami at the AFTE conference and they have a Hi Point Carbine up for raffle. However, this is not a standard looking one and it doesn't have the ATI Storm stock.

The butt stock resembles something of an M4-esque butt and it has the ability to attach extra magazines to it. It has a long picatinny rail on top of the reciever, it also comes with a cheapo BSA reddot. The handguards have a picatinny rail on the top and bottom, and the sides have slots that sorta look like rails. It also has a folding vertical foregrip and a laser (unsure of the brand.) Could this be a special version of the Carbine? The Hi-Point owner is here at the conference but I haven't had a chance to meet him. What is your guy's take on this rifle?

If you enjoyed reading about "Unique, but cool hi point carbine." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P.B.Walsh
June 4, 2009, 02:26 PM
If love (kinda) to see it.

Big_E
June 4, 2009, 02:33 PM
Okay, all I have is a Camera phone and it was dark in the room. I will take a pic with my normal camera but it will have to wait a week or so before I upload the pic.

I put a bunch of tickets for it in the raffle box. There is also a Para-ordnance Hi Cap 1911 (HAWG or something) that has the AFTE logo engraved on it and a RRA stripped lower w/ AFTE engraved on it. I put a lot of tickets in for each so hopefully the good lord will bless me so I can show them off here. But yes I will take pictures in a few minutes.

P.B.Walsh
June 4, 2009, 02:56 PM
Ok. :)

danweasel
June 4, 2009, 03:54 PM
Sounds interesting. I have been wanting a cheap 9mm fun gun lately. Hopefully this thing hasn't been made too expensive. I await your pics...

bikerdoc
June 4, 2009, 03:58 PM
get all the info you can please. I love my 995 carbine and would like to trick it out.

lipadj46
June 4, 2009, 05:02 PM
I assume it is the new HiPoint 995 stock that has been coming out for a year now. They were at the Shot Show and pictures are out there.

VJBUM
June 4, 2009, 08:24 PM
Is this what your talking about?
http://hipointtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3402

P.B.Walsh
June 4, 2009, 08:31 PM
Well, at least it looks, ok now, a 9mm AR is prettier, too bad it's (9mm AR) probaly double the price.

Big_E
June 4, 2009, 10:49 PM
Well, unfortunately I didn't win any of the three firearms I mentioned, but I did win a nice Mossberg range bag that I have been needing and it came with some gun oil, t-shirts, shoot-n-c targets, water bottle and coffe mug. I will see if I can find a computer to upload the pics because my laptop doesn't have a slot that the memory stick that the camera uses.

** Yes VJBUM, that is exactly what I am talking about. I have never seen the stock before so I was surprised.

TheWarhammer
June 5, 2009, 12:08 AM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z167/waltham41/newstock.jpg

I've been looking forward to this new stock and the .45 carbine for some time. I hope they actually move forward with them soon.

VJBUM
June 5, 2009, 02:25 AM
That is a picture of the new .45. It has a longer receiver cover, like the .40, for the heaver breech bolt.

C-grunt
June 5, 2009, 04:20 AM
I like the new stock a lot better than the old one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Unique, but cool hi point carbine." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!