M1 Garand question

PDA

Col. Plink
June 5, 2009, 08:34 PM
A friend told me the federal armory(?) sells m1 Garands 'as is' for bargain basement prices. Anyone have confirmation or the particulars on this? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Garand question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cuervo
June 5, 2009, 08:57 PM
Search this forum for "CMP" and/or go to
http://www.odcmp.com/
and click on "Sales" at the lower right.

rondog
June 5, 2009, 09:13 PM
They are the best source for quality, affordable M1 Garands and M1 Carbines, but they're currently backlogged about 6 months on rifle and ammo sales. If you were to go to either store in person though, you could likely take one home that day, and ammo too.

One store is in Ohio, the other is North Carolina, I think.

auberg
June 5, 2009, 09:40 PM
Rondog, One store is in Port Clinton, Ohio, and the other is in Aniston, Alabama.

FlyinBryan
June 5, 2009, 10:10 PM
yes.

definitly the civilian marksmanship program in the place to get an m1 garand.

most (if not all) of the garands in this thread came from the cmp.

i know the top one did. its mine (1 of 2 we picked up at the south store in alabama.)

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=454424

plw45
June 5, 2009, 11:16 PM
I just got back from the South Store on Wednesday. The people there couldn't be nicer, and there are lots of Garands to choose from. I went in thinking I was going to get a Special Grade, but instead got a field grade Springfield and a new walnut stock. Really enjoyable experience, and great prices too!

rondog
June 6, 2009, 12:16 AM
Rondog, One store is in Port Clinton, Ohio, and the other is in Aniston, Alabama.

Meh, Alabama....North Carolina, it's down South somewhere.....Too dang far away from Denver, I'll tell ya that.

P.B.Walsh
June 6, 2009, 12:29 AM
Oops (forgot that you had to wait 60 seconds before posting again), read next post.....

P.B.Walsh
June 6, 2009, 12:31 AM
Haha, I live in Alabama, but I still don't have a Grand...........:rolleyes:

Col. Plink
June 9, 2009, 05:58 PM
Holy Crap! that is about the coolest thing I have ever seen!

I think I see a road trip in my immediate future! Maybe a relic for a 4th of July present...

Thanks, guys, y'all are awesome!

mypps
June 10, 2009, 02:06 AM
been to the north store, plenty of guns, but completely out of ammo and unfortunately mags for my carbine. the guy at the counter said when they get the cases of ammo in, they fly out the door, even with limits.

HorseSoldier
June 10, 2009, 02:30 AM
Haha, I live in Alabama, but I still don't have a Grand...........

Only about two hours from Tuscaloosa, and it's sort of awe inspiring -- rack after rack of Garands, carbines, 1903s and such (depending on what they've got in stock at that time, but always pretty fun).

And hitting the store allows you to pick and choose the rifle you get -- I got a pre-Pearl Harbor receivered rifle (70K serial number range, from Oct 1940) with a VAR barrel that gauged well above the minimum for Field Grade.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Garand question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!