Sako 85

PDA

smcd1983
June 5, 2009, 09:44 PM
I'm looking to buy a rifle for mostly target and deer hunting (maybe boar too). I know there are less expensive rifles that will get the job done equally as well but this rifle is still within my price range and i'd much rather get what i really want and not second guess myself. I will be getting either .308 or 30-06, with 06 more likely because i may soon inherit an M1 garand. Is the sako overhyped or is it worth the money? For the record i've also considered a CZ 550 American, Remington 700, and Winchester 70. I've also looked at the tikka's, is there that much of a difference between them for around $800 more for the sako?

thanks,
Sean

If you enjoyed reading about "Sako 85" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dakotasin
June 5, 2009, 10:36 PM
sako makes a good rifle. if it is what you want, you won't go wrong, and if it is what you want, don't settle for a tikka... i am most definitely not a tikka fan, but i do like sako.

Sigarmed 1
June 5, 2009, 11:11 PM
Sako all the way. Great rifles and you would be hard pressed to find a smoother action anywhere.

DRYHUMOR
June 6, 2009, 06:00 AM
Sako.

I have a M995/TRG-S in 6.5X55. Sweet shooter, robust, and accurate.

In the model 85 series I like the Bavarian model, classic European lines.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sako 85" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!