Kriss X SMG

PDA

BigGuy52
June 6, 2009, 09:33 AM
A fairly new design and technology.

Will this be a gun of the future or just another gimick gun.

What do you guys/gals think?

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/xsmg-demonstration-mainmenu-38.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Kriss X SMG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dscottw88
June 6, 2009, 04:14 PM
I say gimmick. A bolt the rotates downward to avoid felt recoil is good in theory. But I feel a few more steps need to be taken before it makes an impact. I've heard its uncomfortable and bulky. Not to mention awkward.

RP88
June 6, 2009, 04:24 PM
It's definitely different. But the main drawback is the cost.

I got to hold and shoot one, and it actually does not feel that awkward, although it certainly is not the ergonomically friendliest-looking gun out there. I had the pleasure to shoot a full-auto one (the guys who make these are three blocks away from my local range, and come by to proof-fire them before sending them off - they have the paperwork and everything). I didnt unleash a whole magazine, but a three-round burst was not too hard to keep a hold of.

rcmodel
June 6, 2009, 04:30 PM
Sure takes an awful lot of parts to replace the solid steel bolt and one recoil spring of a standard SMG design.

And I really seriously doubt it is any easier to contol then a roller-locked MP-5 SMG.

rc

dscottw88
June 6, 2009, 09:13 PM
I really seriously doubt it is any easier to contol then a roller-locked MP-5

My thoughts exactly. I doubt I'd be able to tell a difference.

Gunnerpalace
June 6, 2009, 09:52 PM
I just remember the future weapons test where they talk about reliability then went to shoot it and it jammed. Oops.

R.W.Dale
June 6, 2009, 10:00 PM
with the advent of PDW's and lightweight SBR platforms the whole notion of a SMG firing handgun ammunition is really becoming a thing of the past.

So while not a gimmick this firearm is about 20yrs too late to be a success in an ever decreasing market

Quiet
June 7, 2009, 04:08 AM
Semi-auto civilian version MSRP is around $1500.
Too expensive, IMO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kriss X SMG" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!