I really need some help

PDA

mugsie
June 7, 2009, 09:13 PM
I need another rifle. I have a 223 in bolt and an AR. I also have a 22 LR in a Savage bolt. I need (want) something else but I am completely undecided. I shoot only paper. 100 yards,sometimes 2 - 300 yards. Mostly 100 yards. I like accuracy. I load my own as well as cast also, so I'm open to anything. I'm leaning towrds a single shot 45-70 because I can cast for it as well as load it to whatever I want. I also like the 308 and am even thinking about a 6mm PPC (for the accuracy). What do you guys think? I own many many hand guns but few rifles. I even have some BP revolvers. The 47-70 can also be shot as BP if I want, but I still don't know. What are the pros and cons of each and those of you that own these rifles, what do you think of them?

Thanks....

If you enjoyed reading about "I really need some help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hungry Seagull
June 7, 2009, 09:17 PM
Mugsie, Im not a rifleman. But going with your presentation, I will opt for a 45-70. You appear to be very confident about your casting and loading said weapon any way you want. That should be good enough to stay with that weapon.

My two cents.

BK
June 7, 2009, 09:45 PM
You'll get another .45-70 nod from me. What HS said.

mugsie
June 7, 2009, 09:49 PM
I guess this week I look for a 45-70. I'm leaning that wany anyhow.

If you enjoyed reading about "I really need some help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!