Which AK Variant?

PDA

Miss Debbie
June 8, 2009, 12:59 AM
Well I narrowed my AK choices between a Arsenal 107-f and a Yugo M70. What are the pro/cons of the above rifles?

If you enjoyed reading about "Which AK Variant?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M1key
June 8, 2009, 01:18 AM
If you don't pay too much, I would choose the Arsenal over the Yugo (underfolder?) any day.

Can't get a cheek weld on the wobbly Yugo underfolder stock and no chrome lined barrel..

I own a few Arsenals and they are all well-fitted, nicely finished, quality AKs.

Miss Debbie
June 8, 2009, 01:48 AM
The Yugo has a full stock and the only thing neg about the Areseal I been reading that there is a "cant"??? and that the finish comes off when cleaned with break cleaner. And on the Yugo that neg thing too I have read is there are a little heavier, the only rifle like this I have to compare to is a Saiga.

SimpleIsGood229
June 8, 2009, 01:53 AM
I highly recommend the Saiga. IIRC, didn't you have a Saiga that got stolen, or something?

nalioth
June 8, 2009, 02:15 AM
Out of your choices, the Yugo M70AB1 would be the one I'd make.

I also second the Saiga suggestion. You'll get more gun for less money.

Miss Debbie
June 8, 2009, 09:16 AM
Yes I had a Saiga that was stolen and cant find them any more locally but I find all of the other variants.

Hammerhead6814
June 8, 2009, 11:13 AM
Honestly, AK's right now are so overpriced I'm amazed anyone is even looking at them. Last year you could find a Saiga .223 for $250 - $350. A 7.62x39 went in the same range, a .308 didn't go for lower than $300, but now it's over $600.

I'd say wait, just a couple more months and prices will be back to normal. We've got five months and Obama hits the year mark, and so long as no more crazy's and looney's go on shooting spree's, people should calm down and things can go back to normal.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which AK Variant?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!