Beretta slide interchange

PDA

Airburst
June 8, 2009, 12:34 AM
I picked up a 92F for a song tonight and was wondering if can be used on a 96 frame? Are the extractors/ejectors compatible? Any info would be helpful. Thanks. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta slide interchange" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
medmo
June 8, 2009, 11:48 AM
Yes. A 92F upper, (complete slide, bbl, recoil spring & guide), will work on a 96F frame..... and visa versa. You will need the correct caliber mags for reliable feeding.

Airburst
June 8, 2009, 05:03 PM
Thank you.

marineman
June 8, 2009, 05:09 PM
Let me get this straight. The Beretta 92 and 96 pistols use the same lower components. All that would be necessary to transition between calibers is a slide and barrel. Is this right?

rklessdriver
June 8, 2009, 07:52 PM
Let me get this straight. The Beretta 92 and 96 pistols use the same lower components. All that would be necessary to transition between calibers is a slide and barrel. Is this right?

AND THE CORRECT MAGS.

Otherwise yes you are correct.

2yrs ago CDNN had a bunch of brand new LE trade in Beretta 96G .40S&W top ends and mags. I bought a top end and 4 hi cap mags for my old 92F and it works perfectly. I'm not a big fan of the .40 Smith and this is the only .40 S&W gun I own, but it is nice to have the option for my trusty Beretta just in case.
Will

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta slide interchange" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!