Scopechief IV-DM from Busnell - info needed

PDA

Rail
June 8, 2009, 11:55 AM
anyone had one of these? I just found one and am looking at the tube wondering how I am going to find rings for it...

If you enjoyed reading about "Scopechief IV-DM from Busnell - info needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rail
June 8, 2009, 11:28 PM
What I'm talking about...99702

Rail
June 15, 2009, 07:37 PM
No ideas out there? Anyone want the damn thing? And if so - what are you going to do about the rings??? :D

Jim Watson
June 15, 2009, 08:11 PM
Doesn't use rings. It came with clamps that engaged the bottom rail on the tube and the bases on the rifle. I haven't a clue as to where to find any at this late date.

Rail
June 15, 2009, 10:10 PM
Much like inverted ring-bases then? I suppose that makes sense - and Bushnell simply sent me on to B-Square who said they'll call me back - that was a week ago. Thanks for the clue though, Jim, much appreciated. I may simply file the basal part round and go with normal rings - or get rid of it.

Jim

ranger335v
June 15, 2009, 10:38 PM
That mount system came in the late 60s, was gone by the mid 70s. And yeah, the base tops looked somewhat like Weaver ring bottoms, turned upside down. It was a fairly good system but was too radical to succeed in the market at that time. Probably still wouldn't.

My S.C. IV was a 1.5-4.5x25, without that mount system. I sorta feared that mount wouldn't last so I got a round tube model instead. It had very good optics and a great "pop up" post reticle if/when wanted to use it, wish I still had it for a lever gun, but that reticle didn't last either. It should have.

Sold mine in '73 to help buy a slightly used Rem 40X w/2 oz trigger and do still have that!

Rail
June 15, 2009, 11:15 PM
I had kinda hoped to use it for the fixed 4 power, and still may now that I'm coming to terms with defacing it :) And I understand the reticle part. The post has a tendency to pop out when it wants to rather than every time.

rcmodel
June 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
Best measure the tube and make sure it is 1".

It might not be.

rc

Rail
June 23, 2009, 06:19 PM
For the sake of the next guy that buys one w/out the mounts - the cross section of the tube is not round, the top is double-thick, then steps down and then there is a rail on the bottom like an inverted weaver rail. The diameter - if it were round - which it ain't, is 1.18". Will take a reasonable amount of filing. If you have mounts, send me your address and I'll send you a scope.

If you enjoyed reading about "Scopechief IV-DM from Busnell - info needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!