P22 crono results

PDA

ricebasher302
June 9, 2009, 02:38 AM
Hey Guys.

I just thought I'd pass along something I found interesting this weekend. I don't have a chrono, but a guy at the range did, so I asked him if I could shoot my P22 through it a couple of times. I was expecting to see a severe loss in velocity out of a 3.4 inch barrel compared to advertised .22 speeds. I only shot twice, but with interesting results. I has some cheapo Federal bulk stuff. It clocked 928 fps. I then shot a CCI Stinger, thinking there would be little difference without the benefit of a long barrel. It clocked 1184 fps. I was surprised to see a Stinger could match the standard velocity of a .22 lr of 1200 fps out of such a short barrel.

This is probably no mystery to anyone with a chrono and a .22, but I found it cool nonetheless.

If you enjoyed reading about "P22 crono results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
burningsquirrels
June 9, 2009, 08:58 AM
yeah, big difference. i kind of wish i picked up a long barrel kit for it.

as a backup-backup-backup gun i have it loaded with stingers. that short barrel needs all the help it can get, lol.

ricebasher302
June 9, 2009, 08:02 PM
I was actually surprised at how fast both loads were actually moving. Yea, they did lose some velocity compared to a rifle, but not as much as I thought for such a short barrel. I guess I was expecting to see 700 or 800 fps.

Tiomoid
June 9, 2009, 11:04 PM
As a last ditch, fail safe I have my P22 loaded with mini-mags. I trust that 10 rounds center mass will solve the problem if it gets that desperate.

If you enjoyed reading about "P22 crono results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!