rock river arms lar308

PDA

memphisjim
June 10, 2009, 06:04 AM
are these things ever really coming to the market?
its been a good while and they still arent out there

If you enjoyed reading about "rock river arms lar308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
messerist
June 10, 2009, 06:18 AM
I've seen two since fall 2007. I ordered one last November and it is supposed to be delivered this fall sometime. before my brother left for Iraq in February he ordered one and the dealer said he would have it when he returned in Feb 2010. That's all I can tell you for now. They seem rare.

memphisjim
June 10, 2009, 06:21 AM
they need to make them the 20incher claims 1moa accuracy and it takes fal mags

edSky
June 10, 2009, 10:57 AM
I ordered a RRA complete upper and parts kit early November and was told 12 to 16 weeks. I waited and waited and ... bought an M1A.

Part of me hopes it doesn't show up, now. I dunno. At the time I wanted it, but now I'd rather have the money.

rscalzo
June 10, 2009, 11:28 AM
They had stated on their website that they were not producing them due to the demand for the 223 models. Now that the demand seems to be dropping off rapidly, I can see the production starting.

A friend and local dealer ordered two DMPS models in 308 thinking they would take some time before he saw them arrive. Four days later they were at his door. One is still unsold a few weeks later. I think all the dealers will start to catch up with the demand allowing many of the short supply items to start appearing.

Novice_shooter
June 17, 2009, 07:40 AM
I ordered one in December 2008 and according to my dealer all they lack to ship is the barrel. Which may take another 4 months (no promises). Seems, per the gossip, that the 308 is the current craze and barrel makers can't meet the demand.
What I was told and you guys can confirm this for me is that the same barrel maker for the Rock River also supplies DMPS? If this is true than why buy the RR is the question I ask. If I read currectly above I would be playing with my DMPS today.
As a side note;:banghead:
I have e-mailed RR to aquire addition MAGs since only one 4-rnd is provided with the purchase and they were of no help and provided no suggestion. I am a novice at AR's but learning fast and saddened by their support

jpwilly
June 17, 2009, 09:49 AM
Rare as hens teeth I didn't know they still sold them and figured they were discontinued. Personally I went DPMS and have been enjoying my purchase ever since. For those RRA orders 1.5 years is a loooooong time to wait I find it hard to believe there is that much demand for the RRA.

kwelz
June 17, 2009, 11:55 AM
5.56 is where the money is right now.

memphisjim
June 17, 2009, 12:05 PM
novice one reason for the rra is that it takes fal mags
vs the 60 dollar factory dpms mags

Novice_shooter
June 30, 2009, 12:43 PM
Wow
Can you point me in the direction as to a great place for FAL mags?
Just lost in the jungle of venders who claim all to have the best junk.
Thanks

Z-Michigan
June 30, 2009, 12:49 PM
DS Arms is where I would look for FAL mags.

I believe I tried order an LAR-8 back in 2006 or possibly 2007. They didn't return my phone calls or emails or those of my dealer. It looks great on paper, but I'm calling it vaporware until I see several in person and see them actually function reliably. Remember, the LAR-8 is basically Bushmaster's AR-10 type that Bushmaster gave up on.

Novice_shooter
July 20, 2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks
They were able to hook me up. Now I have Mags, Ammo but no toy to put them in

messerist
July 20, 2009, 08:35 PM
Co-worker received his LAR-8 last week and another bought an AR-10 Both are very nice guns. So They are being made and delivered. Mine is still on back order as is my Brother's. The wait is OK since I have my 5.56 to shoot plus my blackpowder...I'll live.:)

junyo
July 20, 2009, 08:52 PM
Seems, per the gossip, that the 308 is the current craze and barrel makers can't meet the demand.
This is the same excuse/reason Keltec is claiming as to why they're not shipping the RFB in any quantity. I've had an order in for the better part of a year, and no reasonable idea as to the ETA. I thought about trying to swing my order to the LAR8, but apparently things are tough all over. Good luck.

Frankl03
July 20, 2009, 09:32 PM
Here's your chance!

I just found one on Gunbroker.com its at $1475 with no reserve. I believe its used but in good shape. Two days left on the auction!
Here is link: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134150180

Frankl03
July 20, 2009, 10:57 PM
Here's another one being advertised on Ar15.com

Looks like a good price.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=120&t=704037

If you enjoyed reading about "rock river arms lar308" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!