Methodology for function testing AR mags

PDA

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
June 10, 2009, 02:50 PM
OK, stack of mags, gun, at the range.....thinking of marking a small "+" on the ones that work out of X rifle, and a small "-" on the ones that don't. Anyone do something similar? What kind of marker can be used that will later rub off fairly easily?

If you enjoyed reading about "Methodology for function testing AR mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P.B.Walsh
June 10, 2009, 02:53 PM
Use paint, I don't have amy experience, I just think that it would work pretty well. Some white krylon with "+" and "-"stenclis.

bratch
June 10, 2009, 03:17 PM
I use a White Out pen and number mags. If a mag doesn't work the number gets wrote down in my log book.

Walkalong
June 10, 2009, 03:22 PM
If a mag doesn't work it gets trashed.....

bratch
June 10, 2009, 03:36 PM
Quote:
If a mag doesn't work

it gets trashed.....

I use poor functioning mags for my dry work with reloads, etc so I'm not repeatedly beating up on a good mag.

rcmodel
June 10, 2009, 03:40 PM
I number all my mags, either with an engraving pin, or with white enamel paint on more valuable collector pistol mags.

But an AR mag that failed to work in any gun would get run over by my truck on the way home.

rc

natescout
June 10, 2009, 03:44 PM
i use green eletrical tape on the bottoms of my mags ( to stop my brother from snaking all my mags )

CoRoMo
June 10, 2009, 04:02 PM
What kind of marker can be used that will later rub off fairly easily?

Dry erase marker?
However, I don't mind if my mags have a little + on them, so a Sharpie would be my go-to marker.

Uncle Mike
June 10, 2009, 05:51 PM
I have used one of those black in color, waxed penciles.
It rubs off with solvent like, gun cleaning solvent, paint solvent, brake clean, electramotive, carbcleaner...

bfoosh006
June 10, 2009, 11:09 PM
Dr. , not to steal your post..but, have you had many mag. related problems with your AR? I think I remember one FTF ( Federal 40gr Blitz ammo, jammed that bullet clear back into the case ) in my 20+ years with my AR.

Just curious.

If you enjoyed reading about "Methodology for function testing AR mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!