How'd he get through ?

PDA

RobertCohn
June 10, 2009, 09:31 PM
I'm pretty sure this falls under legal because it concerns DC Security forces.

When I stayed in DC with my wife and kids for three days over Memorial Day, why were we, an obviously ordinary American family with kids in tow, searched to the point of downright rudeness by the DC security force guarding the Smithsonian, National Air/Space and National Gallery. They actually searched our diaper carry-all with the 3-year-old standing there --- hardly a threat !!

How did this guy get through Holocaust ?

Please explain to me how this guy gets through with a small arsenal when ordinary citizens with their families have their diaper bags searched.

I had no love for the security forces guarding the museums when I left DC because most I observed were un-smiling and rude to ordinary families, basically shuttling cattle through the doors all day...they clearly disliked the general public and were not concentrating and spending value-added time on the real threats. What I observed was downright pathetic for three days. Once I even said, "it's just a diaper bag," and a female guard ordered me to separate from my 3 and 5-year-old and stand alone while she searched the dreaded Spongebob sippy cup and toe nail clipppers in the bag. Her purpose was to make an example of me while the real threats were probably marching through the door.

My heart goes out to the family, but the best resources all over are being badly deployed in the wrong places. Campbell Brown is already on TV saying there is a rise in hate shootings -- but it's the same old pattern: The government needs to do a better quality job deploying its forces and high tech security assets and enforcing the gun laws on the books, not blaming "American society" which leads to mistrust of average citizens carrying diaper bags. Instead of stopping the hate groups and criminals before they strike, we the American people end up bearing the "blame" when an outrage like this occurs.

The question remains: how did he make it this far?

If you enjoyed reading about "How'd he get through ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jeff White
June 10, 2009, 09:34 PM
Already under discussion here: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=455609

If you enjoyed reading about "How'd he get through ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!