Adding turrets to a Nikon Scope

PDA

Roadwild17
June 10, 2009, 10:32 PM
Im thinking about getting a Nikon Monarch 8423 4-16X42 w/ side focus and I saw you can add turrets http://www.opticsplanet.net/nikon-monarch-1-4-1-8moa-high-pro-turret-target-knob-kit.html .

Are there basically replacing the dial under the caps with a bigger / taller cap that you can access with your finger?

Do you think they would work OK?

If you enjoyed reading about "Adding turrets to a Nikon Scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
benzy2
June 10, 2009, 11:02 PM
Those are going to be taller and easier to turn by hand and will have taller covers as well. They are very easy to replace. Unscrew the screw on the top of the turret, pull off the old top, put on the new one, screw the new screw in, replace the covers. The Buckmaster I bought came with both target turrets like those listed as well as tactical turrets which are bigger yet and have no covers.

Maverick223
June 11, 2009, 01:02 AM
I personally don't see the advantage of such a addition, you still have to remove the cover to access the adjustments (and don't leave the caps off). :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Adding turrets to a Nikon Scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!