Winchester 1894 question

PDA

Five-O
June 10, 2009, 11:14 PM
There is a thread somewhere with title "has any dealer lied to you" or words to that effect.
I'd like to see if this statement is true, or they "lied" to me.
When I purchased my 1894 I was told that the 1894 was no longer made in the U.S. that mine was one of the last U.S. models. The salesman told me that they are now being made in Belgium. According to one of my shooting pals, they are now made in Japan.
I went to wikepedia and all it says about the production is: "U.S. production was shut down in 2006." But they don't say where the production was sent to.
So, is are they being made in Belgium or Japan? Or somewhere else?
And wondering, why was U.S. production halted?
I have had mine for about 4 or 5 years and have not shot it yet.
Apologies if this subject has been discussed.
Eddie

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester 1894 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tommygunn
June 10, 2009, 11:20 PM
AFAIK the 1894 is now being made by Mossberg.
Winchester isn't making them.

Some repro Winchesters were made by a Japanese company, Miroku. I have a Browning B-92 which is the 1892 Winchester made by Browning ... well, actually, made BY Miroku for Browning. They do a really good job.
Is yours an ACTUAL Winchester?
It probably says where it was made somewhere on the gun itself.

gga357
June 10, 2009, 11:33 PM
I am pretty sure they stopped production. Does not mean it won't come back in a few years.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester 1894 question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!