British .577 "Snyder" Enfield

PDA

TrapperDoc
June 11, 2009, 08:32 AM
I brought home three .577 Snyder Enfields from Afghanistan. I have some old empty .577 cartridges. My boys and I are interested in reloading our new brass from Ten X Ammo, ourselves. Could someone provide me with a list of the basic equipment needed to reload these shells. We would appreciate info on primers to use, black powder low smoke, and smokeless, and hand reloading these shells, also bullet grains and powder grains used in these shells.

If you enjoyed reading about "British .577 "Snyder" Enfield" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MikeJackmin
June 11, 2009, 08:57 AM
Pics! We need pics!

Snyders are not terribly strong actions; I'd stick to black powder only, and I'd proceed very carefully.

Perhaps someone here can recommend a gunsmith qualified to give your guns a once-over before you attempt to shoot them?

alemonkey
June 11, 2009, 09:00 AM
I would first verify they're true Snyders, and not Khyber Pass knockoffs. If you go to http://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/ there are people who can help you determine that. A Khyber would most likely not be safe to shoot.

If you enjoyed reading about "British .577 "Snyder" Enfield" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!