Need Feedback on New Product. Free Gun Cloth!

PDA

rustysragsinc
June 11, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just joined this site yesterday and it is the best one on gun discussion I have found so far. My name is Latham and I have started a business selling a new gun cleaning cloth called the "Rusty's Rag." It is a sheepskin cloth impregnated with a pure Silicone secret ingredient. It is similar to the "rig" rag, but does not have the heavy grease which is primarly used for storage. We invented this 'rag' for the everyday and/or frequent hunter or shooter who wants to protect and clean their guns from harmful elements and not lock away in storage for many years.

After 40 years of collecting and using all types of firearms, my father-in-law (Rusty) and I started this business with people like you in mind. We have labeled it "The World's Best Gun Cloth." (Hell, if you are going to do something, you as might as well do it right and we actually do believe we have created the world's best gun cloth.) We just got picked up by "Brownells" and will be listed on their website in a few weeks.:)

I am looking for feedback from you guys and gals on what you think of our new product. I will send anyone who emails me a "FREE" (yes, I will pay for postage also) Rusty's Rags gun cloth to try on your guns if you will give me some feedback of what you guys think.

To learn about my product you can visit my website @http://www.RustysRags.com
We have had a great response so far and think we am on the right track. I am giving away these "mini" cloths, because I have decided to make the 'sheepskin rag' bigger from current customer's suggestions and also I need more feedback about my product. You will be getting the original product that we have been selling. But if you like the size the way it is, let me know that also!

Just a quick note: After looking at how many people belong to THR, I will do my best to send a free "Rusty's Rag" to those who email me with their address and a little info on themselves. If this gets out of hand, please don't get upset if I run out.:mad: I only have so many availabe. I will do my best to get you one.

Try to email on this site. I have not used it yet, but just read about the email system and it seems to be the best option for this. If you can't do that, just email me at info@rustysrags.com and I will get you one as soon as I can.

Now, I am going to check out the rest of this site and make THR my homepage, so I look forward for your response.

Thanks guys and gals! Look forward to your feedback!

And most importantly, God bless our troops at home and overseas. Keep your heads held high and your hearts strong. You are loved. Also, bless our Veterans who have made it possible for us to live the way we do and have the freedoms we enjoy.:)

Latham

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Feedback on New Product. Free Gun Cloth!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kanook
June 11, 2009, 03:48 PM
email sent. welcome to the high road.:D

KingTiger
June 11, 2009, 04:09 PM
Welcome. Email sent.

Since you're in my neck of the woods, any local shops going to carring your products?

Maverick223
June 12, 2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks, E-Mail sent. Looks like you have a pretty decent start, congrats...and welcome to THR!

bowman1962
June 13, 2009, 10:56 AM
E-Mail sent on the New product. Welcome to the THR family.

JimKirk
June 13, 2009, 11:17 PM
Latham
Welcome to THR!
I would be glad to try your new product.
On the other end of Georgia!
Jimmy K

email sent

jbkebert
June 13, 2009, 11:23 PM
Welcome to the THR
Email sent

loud-mouth shnook
June 14, 2009, 01:48 AM
Welcome, sir.
Thank you very much for your generous offer.
Good luck with your product.
Email sent.

THHEAT
June 14, 2009, 11:13 AM
Welcome to THR.
E-Mail sent
Thanks in advance,
THHEAT

rustysragsinc
June 14, 2009, 11:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

Latham again. Would just like to think everyone for their comments and suggestions so far about the "Rusty's Rag" gun cloth. I still have a lot more to ship to anyone who is interested. Keep the suggestions coming and let your friends know how to get a FREE gun cloth by emailing me at Info@RustysRags.com

Maverick223
June 14, 2009, 11:19 PM
My sig. line should get you a bit more business. Just let me know when the offer ends so I can change it...again thanks, Mav. :)

Dobe66
June 15, 2009, 12:41 PM
Welcome to THR.
Fairly new member myself and you'll find this site to be a fantastic source for information.
Good luck with your new product.
Email sent.

RoostRider
June 15, 2009, 12:59 PM
Email inbound....

kanook
June 15, 2009, 02:15 PM
got mine in the mail today. First thing in my mind, Quality. Tried it on a couple of my firearms and so far I'm impressed, wiped on real easy and left a nice luster on the gun. I think you are going to do very well with this product. :D

conarth
June 15, 2009, 03:25 PM
Interesting. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for the offer.

RVenick
June 15, 2009, 04:10 PM
Email sent look forward to trying it out. Thanks.

danweasel
June 15, 2009, 04:32 PM
I sent one. Always looking for some free product! Just kidding, I really think you are on to something here. Like the bore-snake folks were.

Bige35m
June 16, 2009, 10:02 PM
sent email..

Looking forward to trying out the rag.

NCWanderer
June 17, 2009, 08:50 AM
Thanks and welcome to THR
Looking forward to tring your new product.
Thanks

eight433
June 17, 2009, 09:04 AM
Email sent. Sounds like a perfect product for me, as I don't shoot my guns a TON, but too often to grease them all up! Looking forward to trying it and will most likely buy in the future.

Maverick223
June 17, 2009, 06:24 PM
I received my rag today, thanks again. :) First thoughts, it seems a bit small (at least for rifles), but upon using it, I found it to work great...if it protects as well as it looks from the start, you are on to something great. I think it looks pretty good...but you guys decide...
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/Maverick223_album/RustysRags.jpg
A few recommendations:
1. The size sent could be an inch or so wider (and it seems as if you have already addressed this). Call this the "pistol size".
2. Add an additional size (double or triple the size). Call this the "rifle size".

jbkebert
June 18, 2009, 10:58 PM
I got mine today and tried it out. I pulled out my model 62a made in the 60's. The rifle has seen its better days in the looks department. Your product was simple to use and seemed very effective. It brought back much of the luster of the wood and left a clean finish on the blueing. I am very satisfied with the product and thought the overall size was fine. Nice product thankyou. I will recommend to a few buddies to order from your website.:cool:

jbkebert
June 18, 2009, 11:08 PM
I figured what the heck I just placed a order on your website. Thanks for the coupon that came with the sample pack. I'll pass a couple out to some shooting buddies. Thanks again for a great product.

Ravenlunatic
June 18, 2009, 11:57 PM
Email sent.

Welcome to the forum.

tomh1426
June 19, 2009, 12:30 AM
E-mail sent, welcome
I cant wait to get mine, so far everything that I got from these types of free trials has been great!!

Orlando
June 19, 2009, 04:11 PM
Got mine and tried it today. Like the way it works ,leaves no greasy, oily feel. No way to tell how it protects so will have to wait and see.
So how long does the silicone stay in the sheepskin? Must it be reapplied afterawhile?
I also think this is a good size for a pistol but alittle small for a rifle
Thanks!

RVenick
June 19, 2009, 05:19 PM
Got mine yesterday. Went out to the range with my pistols today. I cleaned them when I got home and used my "Rusty's Rags" on 'em. I liked the finished product did a great job. :)

jrod014
June 19, 2009, 05:53 PM
email sent, I hope I've made it!

Yo Mama
June 19, 2009, 07:19 PM
Ok, first off I thought this guy (and told him on email) was nuts this product will be popular :).

First off, free sample? I'd say a nice size cloth given to me for free. Much more than a sample cloth, I got to use it on multiple firearms and I fricking love it.

It's got a system to it, two clothes as you should have for cleaning and preserving. I love the sheepskin, and the cloth doesn't fall apart or leave anything other than the solution on the gun. The second rag is dry to wipe off any moisture left by the first. It leaves the gun super slick and really pretty.

Man, I'm sold. I'll be in touch.

wahsben
June 19, 2009, 07:40 PM
e-mail sent. Thank you for your generous offer!

SmokeyVol
June 19, 2009, 09:38 PM
e-mail sent. I saw a good review on ChuckHawks.com and can't wait to try it out.

Maverick223
June 19, 2009, 10:58 PM
So how long does the silicone stay in the sheepskin?I used it about 3 times [so far] and it seems to be still wet, but I don't think it will be long before a new one is in order. :) Seems to be doing its job great so far, the only thing I can't figure out is how to get it down the bore. :neener:

EDITED to add: Please let me know if you add a larger size.

Greg.B
June 20, 2009, 11:12 PM
Email sent, thanks for the great offer. Feedback will be inbound after first use!

M2Pilot
June 20, 2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the offer. Email sent. Welcome to THR.

danweasel
June 20, 2009, 11:35 PM
Got mine today, but haven't tried it yet. However, I look at it and it looks kosher. Kosher and awesome!

Dobe66
June 21, 2009, 03:08 PM
Got mine in the mail yesterday and tried it on one of my rifles. Big mistake - five rifles later. GREAT PRODUCT. Impregnated sheepskin left a bit of "oily" feel that was quickly removed with the polishing cloth leaving a nice finish.
You should do very well with this product. Good Luck.

conw
June 21, 2009, 08:05 PM
Email sent. If this thing is as good as it sounds I will have no problem putting my buddies and local gun shops in contact with ya. THANKS.

rustysragsinc
June 21, 2009, 08:36 PM
Okay, I am getting down to the last of them to offer from FREE. I think one or 2 more days and I will be wiped out. Answers to a couple of the questions.

How long does the silicone stay on the sheepskin? We have found that it is different for each owner. The average I will say is around 3 to 4 months of average use. As Maverick223 stated above, he might need one very soon. So it really depends on the owner. Some have lasted for a month and others I have stored still do a good job and they are the first ones I kept when I got this thing started.

Any larger sizes coming out? Yes, we are going to offer a bigger 'rag' that is approx 5" x 5". I have got a lot of feedback saying the one we use now (same one you got) is better for handguns and a bigger one would be preferred for rifles. Also, some people said the size right now is good for both. We are working on a bigger one as we speak and I will let you guys know when it will be available.

Thanks again for all of the feedback fellows (and ladies). It has given me confidence to keep this thing going and really put my heart and sole into it.

Please continue to spread the word about the "Rusty's Rag" to your fellow gun shooters and friends. Without all of the "word of mouth" advertising you guys are doing for me, I don't think our product would be as successful.

Latham

eight433
June 21, 2009, 08:47 PM
Got mine! Wiped down my model 41 with it, made it beautiful!
not such a huge difference on my 1925 Mosin 91/30 but I just oiled that one up with furniture oil last time I cleaned it. I will most certainly order one in the very near future! very nice, even finish.

Maverick223
June 21, 2009, 09:12 PM
he might need one very soon.I have actually used it a couple of times since then and it is still a bit wet so we shall see. I do like to clean the gun pictured above pretty thoroughly so my results are likely not typical.
We are working on a bigger one as we speak and I will let you guys know when it will be available.Look forward to it, will definitely get one. :)

Chester32141
June 22, 2009, 01:25 PM
Very satisfied with the results of using my Rusty's Rag on my handguns ... it really brings out the blue ... I picked up a couple more to give to friends ...
Thanks for letting me test this great product ... :)

Chester

mgregg85
June 22, 2009, 05:07 PM
Emailed you, I hope I'm not too late.

StuntHeavy
June 23, 2009, 01:32 PM
Sent ya an email about a week ago. Hope I get to try one out up here in rusty ol maine.

tomh1426
June 24, 2009, 04:46 PM
Just got mine today, cant wait to try it :)
Gotta run!

rustysragsinc
June 25, 2009, 09:40 AM
Hello Everyone. I am officially OUT of FREE Samples of my "Rusty's Rag" cleaning cloths.

I would like to thank everyone so far for their feedback and am looking forward from the rest of you who have not tried out my product yet.

Please continue to send the feedback as I will check back daily to read the results!

Thanks again. This has been a great learing experience.

Latham
Rusty's Rags, Inc.
www.RustysRags.com
Info@Rustysrags.com

jerryd
June 25, 2009, 11:05 AM
Got mine monday, tried it on my blued 1911 really made it sparkle!!! Took it into work, the boss and a couple of other guys tried it and like it very much! Whatever is in the rag stays on the weapons longer than when we use a silicone rag. Will be using the coupon pretty soon for somemore! Great Product.

tomh1426
June 25, 2009, 12:00 PM
I tried mine last night, it worked great, my guns are nice and shiny.
I even tried it on wood and it really worked great, it got all the dark gummy grime and crap off with no problem :)
I noticed the rag shed some hairs, but it didnt seem to be a problem as the white polish rag removed them.
So far so good, we'll see what my guns look like in a few days.
How long will this thing stay oily??

fadetoblack73
June 25, 2009, 12:46 PM
I received my rag and tried it out last night.

First I used it on a stainless S&W 4006 pistol. It worked wonderfully. I was afraid when I first looked at the rag that some of the wool would come out and get stuck in the crevices of an auto-loading pistol. My fears were laid to rest. It did not shed a single fiber. It really made the gun sparkle and it didn't feel oily to the touch.

Second I used it on a Browning semi-auto .22 rifle. Fingerprints were immediately removed. It brought out a fine luster to the wood furniture. I did notice a slightly visible residue on the deep blued metal that I didn't notice on the stainless pistol. However, I exchange rags with the supplied flannel rag and gave it a real quick wipe down. The residue vanished, but the luster did not go away. It looked like it does when I give it an hour long breakdown-cleaning.

I am very happy with the product. I will tell all of my friends about it. I plan on purchasing more; especially the larger size.

Thank you, Latham, for going the extra mile to provide us with a superior product. In today's economy, I don't spend a dime on a product that I'm not sure about. Your marketing plan is flawless.

SmokeyVol
June 25, 2009, 01:41 PM
I received mine in the mail yesterday and spent the eveing trying it out with my guns. It works great. I can't wait till they stock them locally so I can get several for my range bag.

eptreyg
June 25, 2009, 08:19 PM
I recieved my rag today. I had actually just gotten back from trap shooting and from pistol practice. I was a bit shocked when I opened the envelope. I wasn't expecting the patch o' animal- but I read the directions and went forth.

I have to admit, I was surprised - albeit very pleasantly so. The sheepskin/wool applied a far more even coat over my Browning shotgun and my 9mm. There was no having to dig my fingertips into the crevices like I would with the normal silicone cloths, nor was there a mess that I get when I use gun oil on rags when I'm done. It was easy to apply and I was able to finish up quicker than normal. I'm a believer in Rusty's gun rags!

Maverick223
June 25, 2009, 08:49 PM
I wasn't expecting the patch o' animalLOL, only the best. It is the Sham-Wow of gun rags. It's made in the U.S....and you know the Yanks make good stuff. You'll be saying WOW every time! :D

cavman
June 25, 2009, 08:59 PM
I received mine. Thank you. It is a superior product to the "standard" silicone cloth. I have been using it with all my pistols after they are shot. So far it is a terrific product. Albeit, I have only wiped down the guns now for a week of shooting, but it is fantastic.

I have a match on Sunday, and I will be sure to make the other shooters on the line aware it it.

It is "wetter" than the regular silicone cloth, but the fingerprints are gone immediately and its leaves a good clean shine.

I am convinced, RustyRag, I will be buying from you in the future. It is certainly good enough to keep in the gun box.

gimlet1/21
June 25, 2009, 09:13 PM
E-mail sent , early posts look promising

Maverick223
June 25, 2009, 09:49 PM
E-mail sent , early posts look promisingrefer to post no. 45...your too late...but it is good stuff well worth placing an order. :)

tomh1426
June 25, 2009, 11:51 PM
Yesturday I used it on my Blackhawk and my Puma 92 today I used it on my Mossberg 500.
It still works great but Isnt as wet with oil as it was yesturday so a little extra time was needed for it to get in all the corners.
How long can I expect this thing to stay oily?
Do u sell little bottles of oil to recharge this thing?
My blued guns look amazing, I love this rag!!
Thanks, Tom

jbkebert
June 27, 2009, 10:20 AM
I received the additional 3 pack that I ordered off of your website. Gave two away to a shooting buddy of mine and a gun shop owner friend. I guess I should of ordered a 6 pack. Anyway thanks again for the product it still works great after wiping down 12-15 guns. I told the shop owner if he liked them to order a 12 pack at minimum to wipe finger prints from customers. Also told him to contact you if he is interested in becoming a stocking dealer.

Thanks again

jbkebert

Maverick223
June 28, 2009, 10:51 PM
New Update: Been using for about a week and 1/2 now and it is still going (about 10 uses on long guns so far) the finish still looks great and seems to be well protected. The offer may be over but I would have to recommend everyone to place an order it is good stuff. :)

Alchymist
June 30, 2009, 09:22 PM
Tried it on my old Mossberg .22....sure put the shine back to the wood! Looks a lot closer to factory than it has in a long time. Looks like you have a winner here......:)

rustysragsinc
July 6, 2009, 02:30 PM
Great feedback so far guys and gals. Keep the suggestions coming in as we have already made adjustments to the product thanks to your comments. Here are some of the problems and solutions we have come up with so far:

1. PROBLEM: The small size of the sheepskin cloth works great on my pistols, but would like to have a larger one to wipe down my rifles.

SOLUTION: Make a larger size for use on rifles! Our new 'rifle' Rusty's Rag is cut 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" square making it almost double the size of the 'pistol' cloth. It works much easier on rifles, shotguns, and black powder guns. Still capable of getting in all the 'nooks & crannies."

THANK YOU MAVERICK223 FOR YOU INPUT ON QUESTION #1.

2. If ordering on the website, note that the larger orders still come individually packaged and not shipped in one big bag with 12 sheepskin cloths and 12 flannel cloths piled in there together.

3. QUESTIONFurther test and be aware how long the special silicone stays on the sheepskin cloth and the average use of a single cloth. Also how many guns can a single cloth be expected to handle.

SOLUTION:

4. PROBLEM: I noticed the rag shed some hairs, but it didnt seem to be a problem as the white polish rag removed them.

SOLUTION: Before impregnating the sheepskin with special silicone, do one extra shakedown in rotating machine to make sure all hairs are seperated from cloth. Will reduce loose hairs from sheepskin cloth.

THANKS TOMH1246 FOR THE FEEDBACK ON QUESTION #4.

rustysragsinc
July 6, 2009, 02:46 PM
SORRY, HIT WRONG KEY ON THE ABOVE POST AND I WAS NOT FINISHED:

AS PAUL HARVEY WOULD SAY: "And here is the rest of the story...."

3. QUESTION: Further test and be aware how long the special silicone stays on the sheepskin cloth and the average use of a single cloth. Also how many guns can a single cloth be expected to handle.

SOLUTION: Many factors play into the above question as size of gun, how much silicone is applied, etc... So far with feedback from customers we are seeing a single Rusty's Rag cloth is good for about 20 cleaning for pistols. We used the law of averages to come up with this number. Ongoing tests are being done as we speak and I will post the results later. But, in all, 20 is a good average.

We are expecting the average life span of the 'rifle' cloth to also be around 20 uses. It is double the size of the 'pistol' cloth and thus has more of our special silicone formula on it. Of course the gun is bigger, but you know what I am saying.

I will continue to update you guys on the problems and solutions we face as we go along this journey in making "the world's best gun cloth." As always, please tell you friends about our product and any local gun stores you may visit.

Also please tell them to mention (THR) to get special discounts on orders because YOU refered them to us. I need to know who YOU are to give you something special for helping us out!

Please continue to send in your feedback. And remember: Everyone who has participated in this little 'experiment' has greatly contributed to the success of Rusty's Rags, Inc. Without each of you and all of the feedback, problems, solutions, and mostly inspiration you have given me, I don't know how I would of done it! Thanks and will update soon.
Latham

Maverick223
July 6, 2009, 02:49 PM
THANK YOU MAVERICK223 FOR YOU INPUT ON QUESTION #1.No problem, thank you for making an already great product even better. Let us know when it becomes available...I will be ordering one. :)

Orlando
July 6, 2009, 05:05 PM
I noticed a big difference from the first time I used the sheepskin as far as the amount of silicone to the third or fourth time.I'm not usre that I will get 20 uses out of the one I have?

gimlet1/21
July 7, 2009, 08:14 PM
I was post number 53, not to late after all, thanks Rusty. Great product living in SC it seems to be taking good care of my CCW; I use a belt clip(No Holster) and body sweat does take a toll.

Deltaboy
July 7, 2009, 09:18 PM
Email sent

rustysragsinc
July 8, 2009, 09:13 AM
PLEASE HELP US OUT ON THIS GREAT IDEA!!

Many of you have been wondering other than 'word of mouth' and the local gun shop down by the river, passed the 3rd light, turn left when you see the cow in the field, etc...(actually worked for CATERPILLAR and these were the directions I got from a customer one time to deliver a piece of equipment) OTHER ways of helping us advertise the Rusty's Rags.

Here are some advertising ideas from our very own THR members who tested our product. I would appreciate any effort you could make to also do the same things to spread the word and to get our Rusty's Rag product into as manys stores as possible. We gave out so many Free ones on THR to get feedback, it is time to get noticed with your help!

1. Call or email all of the 'major' gun accessories stores and ask if they carry the "Rusty's Rag Gun Cleaning Cloth." If not, ASK WHY? Tell them they should carry it because it is getting a lot of buzz around the web and most importantly from the experience you had using it. Don't want to list the names of the stores, but I think you know who they are. If not, type in gun supplies in google and they will come up.

2. Other than your favorite gun store (which I am sure you have already told them about the Rusty's Rag), do a search on Google for 'gun accessories', 'gun stores', 'police depts in your communtiy', etc and let them also know about the product. If they are not carrying it yet, ask them WHY? & Tell them about it from your and other peoples experiences with it from personal use.

3. Any other ideas you may have to help out please post a thread so we can get more ideas. All ideas are welcome.

We just need some help getting the product into stores and I can not think of anyone better than you guys from THR. I have made so many new buddies from THR in 2 months than from my many other years of 'gun talk' on the internet.

Also, please just take the time to click on a major or any gun store online and tell them to carry the Rusty's Rag!!! Hope this is not forward, but we need the help from you guys!!

Latham

tomh1426
July 8, 2009, 02:27 PM
I really like the product so I have no problem asking my local shops if they know about it (use it) and stock it.

rustysragsinc
July 8, 2009, 11:31 PM
Here is a new product review I would like to share with you guys from our friends at Huntinglife.com :

http://www.huntinglife.com/blog/detail/the-original-rustys-rags-review

Latham

Orlando
July 10, 2009, 02:40 PM
Just got back from the range and wiped down my pistol for the sixth time. Not hardly anything left on the sheepskin. I rubbed it on my hand and cant feel hardly any Silicone left.
I like the idea but think these need to have silicone reapplied after every 4-5 uses

TexAg
July 11, 2009, 03:54 PM
Used my free sample (thanks Rusty) last night on my old, worn S&W model 10, Marlin 336 SS, CZ-85, Kadet Kit, and Marlin 22WMR. It slicked them all up real nice, but there did seem to be less silicone on the fur than when I started. However, my hands did seem to get quite coated even at the end. I might suggest that even though it seems to be mostly gone there is still enough to get the job done. Adding some literature in the packet to that effect and also noting some of the benefits on the literature or on the package could be beneficial. Also perhaps another animal's fur could retain the silicone better? And I also thought you could dye the fur different "designer" colors or utiltarian colors such as black so it won't show the dirt as much. Thank you again.

RoostRider
July 13, 2009, 02:08 PM
Got my rags just as promised,...... they work good... I have cleaned about 8-9 guns with them (a couple of rifles and a couple of handguns a few times each)....

They do seem to loose some with repeated use (to be expected), but it is a nice product.... depending on the price point of course....

How much do you intend retail to be?

rustysragsinc
July 14, 2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks TexAg for the feedback. The black color and literature are very good suggestions. We will look into the ideas. Glad you like them. We are also bringing out a new "rifle" cloth which the sheepskin is cut 5" x 5" which makes it easier to clean your rifles. We have been getting very good feedback on the new "Rifle" cloth. They should be up and available on our website http://www.RustysRags.com after this weekend if all goes as planned.

Latham

rustysragsinc
July 14, 2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks RoostRider. The new "rifle" rags that will be available hopefully after this weekend will be better suited for cleaning the rifles you have. They will hold more silicone than the 'pistol' rags. The reason the pistol rags are running out of silicone much faster is because people are using them on the bigger guns instead of just pistols. No problem with this because they were meant to use on all types of guns. We are introducing the 'rifle' guns because of the concerns you and other memeber have about the silicone running out too fast. We are also adding more silicone to both the 'pistol' and 'rifle' rags for extended use.Very happy you are enjoying our product!

Latham

StuntHeavy
July 14, 2009, 02:26 PM
Got mine the other day. I know a Glock isn't going to win any beauty pageants, or be in a show case, but thats what I use the most, so I took the Rusty's Rag for a test drive on that to begin with. First thing I noticed is, just barely pass the rag over it, nice and lightly, and all the hairs get into the nooks and crannies. Then buff it down with the included cloth, and it leaves a uniform protective layer that brought my beat up finish looking 'out-of-the-box' fresh. And only took a minute or two. Nice! If you press real hard, you'll waste alot of the silicone, so be gentle.

I'll be going on vacation shortly, and wont play with my guns for a while. So I took the Rag, and put on on a set of my reloading dies (we all know how they like to rust). Then I took another set, and rubbed them with a cloth with wd-40 on them (the old way of doing it). First thing I noticed is that with the Rusty's Rag, since the hairs are long it makes it alot easier to get into the knurling and threads. (Think flash hider, picatinny rails, handgaurd openings)

Its a good idea, no doubt about it. If it were me though, I'd like a rectangular piece for my rifles... just seems like it'd be easier to use. Maybe like 3x7 or something.

Another thing that might sell, might be 'recharge' kits. A little spritzer bottle with the Rusty's formula in it to recharge your rags. All in all a very good product that looks like it flat out Works.

Thanks Latham!

hoghunting
July 15, 2009, 01:00 AM
My gun rag arrived a few days ago and I'm very impressed with its quality. It is the best silicone rag I've used, and the only rag that cleans the gaps on vent ribs. Great product. Thanks Latham.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Feedback on New Product. Free Gun Cloth!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!